276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Playlearn Snow, White

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once you and your little ones have worn yourselves out playing in the snow and building some winter wonderland creations, fill a spray bottle with some vinegar to add a little “summer heat” to the mix and see what happens. Although the shaving cream and corn starch snow did not quite win the coldness contest or clean-up test, it came as a close runner up in both areas. The overall texture and ability to play with this snow for hours wins my vote for the best way how to make instant snow without baking soda! Instant snow is not the same thing as the fake spray-on snow or the plastic-like, flakey stuff that comes in bags. I love playing in the snow any chance that I get, and I love discovering new ways to make snow on those days that mother nature doesn’t cooperate.

Depending on the type of conditioner you choose to use, it also makes your snow smell really really good (mine smelt like coconut)! Just make sure to use a white conditioner unless you want your snow to be a different color! Honestly, all of these recipes on how to make instant snow at home are super easy to clean up after you and your kids are done playing, but I would have to say method 6 with the baking soda and conditioner gets the edge in this test. Pour 1⁄ 2 cup (120 mL) of white school glue into a bowl. Most bottles of school glue contain about 4 ounces (120 mL), which is exactly what you need! Don't use clear school glue, because it won't look very cloud-like. [1] X Research source Don't add more than 1⁄ 4 cup (59 mL) of liquid starch. If you add more than that, the slime will turn hard and rubbery.Because children’s abilities vary so much, even within age groups, supervising adults should exercise discretion as to which experiments are suitable and safe for them. The instructions should enable supervisors to assess any experiment to establish its suitability for a particular child. Optional: You can also a little salt to the mixture to give the snow a little more grainy, realistic feel. Knead the instant snow into the slime. If the snow is clumpy, fluff it up with your hands first. Measure out 1⁄ 3 cup (79 mL) of instant snow, then add it to the slime. Fold the edges of the slime over the snow, then knead it in. [16] X Research source

Pour some hair conditioner into the bowl of baking soda and mix it together. Much like the water, you will want to add less if you want powdery snow, and more if you want wet and slushy snow.Clean-up Test: Cleans up pretty well and leaves less residue on your hands as long as you mix it with a spoon first. Once it is mixed the shaving cream snow will be very easy to clean up. The jar shown in this video has been replaced by a bag that holds the same amount of Insta Snow powder. The Insta Snow also includes an activity guide that explains the science behind the fake snow. And it’s easy to turn into snow – just add water and watch it erupt in seconds. Kids are always amazed at this! The amount of water you add to the baking soda will also determine if you have a wet or powdery snow. Just like in the wonderful world of weather, the more water content that the snow has, the wetter and slushier it will be.

This is the toughest category to rank the different methods that we tried because they all had a great snow-like texture in some form or another. Stir up to 2⁄ 3 cup (160 mL) of liquid starch into the glue. Add the starch into the glue 1 tablespoon (15 mL) at a time until you get the texture you want; stir the slime well after each addition of starch that you add. [11] X Research source A very common myth is that if it is too cold, then it can’t snow. This is simply not true, however, it is much less likely to snow once temperatures drop below about -10°F (-20°C). Experiment with different recipes. Baking soda snow is made from common household ingredients. Chances are that you can whip some up using each recipe without having to run to the store. So create a small test batch of each if you’re so inclined. Find out which is most pleasing to the eye, touch, or both before buying in bulk.

Test Results Comparison:

The conditioner mixed into the baking soda also gives it a nice and fresh scent! My snow ended up smelling like a nice and tropical coconut smell! Texture: The fun really starts when you combine the two colors of cloud slime.Add the pink cloud slime to the purple cloud slime and knead to combine. We added pine cones and small animals like a polar bear and deer to make our own Winter sensory bin. We added a little bit of glitter in as well. After comparing these different methods on how to make snow with baking soda, my personal favorite would have to be Method 6: How to make snow with baking soda and conditioner. Believe it or not, snow can and does fall through the air when temperatures are as warm as 50°F! This is possible when you have a very shallow layer of above-freezing air at the surface, but the rest of the path of the snowflake high in the atmosphere remains below freezing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment