276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Feminist City: Claiming Space in a Man-Made World

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nonetheless, as Kern points out, there are concerns about the real effectiveness of these strategies in eliminating inequalities. Dari Feminist City aku banyak belajar kalau masih ada banyak pekerjaan rumah dalam sebuah kota untuk menjadikan kotanya benar-benar layak huni. There are points where I thought what would happen if changes were made or what are the effects, and I wanted that to be explored more than the general concept of we will now be living in a feminist diverse city; I wanted things to go a level deeper. Feminist visions of the city have been here all along…there are examples of both practices and ideals that are being lived right now, all along.

She deploys an intersectional lens to explore such themes as mobility, protest, adolescence, and friendship, weaving together an impressive array of sources from academic writings and popular culture (Doreen Massey appears alongside Two Dope Queens). Al contrario, la città femminista deve costruirsi a partire dalle realtà già esistenti, ampliando le metodologie e gli strumenti che le donne da sempre utilizzano per supportarsi a vicenda. I'm sure it is meant well, and if the issues are separated they are easier to analyze, but I suspect that any familiarity with membership issues and First Nations governance would complicate Karn's suggestion. I argue that using existing examples, strategies and interventions that have the potential to be more widely applied would pave the way for a better understanding of how new possibilities might be realised in different urban environments and contexts. Geography here means our relationships with the environment and how we interact with it and how it interacts with us in a way.

In this regard, gentrification and attempts at constructing a non-sexist city, such as through gender-mainstreaming strategies, will be conceptually analysed in this review.

Kern is an associate professor of geography and environment and the director of women’s and gender studies at Mount Allison University, Canada. I am not married, and my vacation times don't usually match with the people who I wouldn't mind traveling with. If on one hand, bringing attention to the agency of common people is a powerful concept, on the other it has practical, long-term limitations and Kern – besides suggesting a case-by-case approach – does not delve into how high-level city planning could deconstruct the sedimented social bias and practice inclusion.A geographic perspective on gender offers a way of understanding how sexism functions on the ground. Besides being a gender issue, the right to the city intersects with other forms of discrimination that need to be considered. It is time to dismantle what we take for granted about cities and to ask how we can build more just, sustainable, and care-full cities together. Mengenai penataan kota yang selama ini masih bias gender tertentu: laki-laki, cis, dan berkulit putih.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment