276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I am an Aspie Girl: A book for young girls with autism spectrum conditions

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even in social behaviours I can’t do that. I kinda am like a pessimist in the Internet, I just think from what I learned like above. On November 1st, 2021, a Facebook [10] [11] post of Ashbie standing up to the Wojak girls portrayed as bullies ( Doomer Girl and Daddy's Girl) went viral and within a few days got more than 1.2 million views, 22K+ shares, and 12K+ likes.

Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome - Goodreads Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome - Goodreads

Different Brains, Inc is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that strives to encourage understanding & acceptance of neurodiversity. Read our full mission here. Theory of Mind deficit IS cognitive empathy deficit. This implies a deficit of empathy. Theory of Mind deficit is characterized as an inability to innately understand that others have their own emotional states, intentions, motivations. no.2: I have such a hard time displaying emotion at the appropriate times and everybody is always asking why I’m so emotionless or if I’m “okay”. The last thing annoys me the most because usually there is nothing to be specifically happy about at that moment and maybe that’s okay. Aspies and those who wonder if they might be "on the spectrum," as it offers a plethora of insights and strategies for living in and coping with a world which often feels like "living on the wrong planet." it did not talk about the societal context we live in at all. There was a lot of mention that aspergirls often demonstrate traits that are more socially accepted than asperboys, but no mention of the social conditioning that leads to this.Yes and no. Technically, comorbid conditions include Alexithymia, which is an inability to connect words to emotions, it to describe ones emotions or the emotions of another. You know way too much information about a single topic (Not everything for example Daenerys I only know the actress emila clark but I don’t know her age or about her ex) These are all social traits that anyone can have. Simply believing you might have autism can produce The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon where now you know what to look for you start to see it everywhere. It’s obvious if you need someone to follow a certain social map like you describe the girl needing, it could be her that has the problem. Meanwhile in the real world there are adults that absolutely adore Disney, sleep with plushies because they might have fallen in love with how cute it was, got it from a dear partner/friend. Many adults play games, hell look at things like pokemon! Adults collect things from their favorite shows/books, cosplay at cons. I could go on for a long time. Though we may not feel particularly womanly, others will still see us as such and measure our behavior against nonautistic females, when in reality I feel it would be more appropriate and fair to measure our behavior against a man's—after all, men are not expected to be socially adept, or have an abundance of nurturing feelings. This would be a much fairer standard of measure and other Aspergirls agree" (62).

Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome

It’s the loneliness. It’s from extending towards people, trying to be understood and always getting shut down and dismissed. Feeling Other Than, always, on the fringe and not wanting to be, like an afterthought. I guess Gay, bi, asexual, trans, aromantic, nonbinary etc people don't exist. Very, very heterosexual. Heteronomative or however you spell it. Also not everybody wants a husband. But I got the idea from the book that netting a husband is 'worth it' because 'autism ladies are naieve, childlike and need protection :)))' and so that they are cared for like a stereotypical 50's housewife.

Tania’s mission 

upvotes Follow Unfollow 2 years ago (edited) Dots Created by potrace 1.15, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2017 HR: Tell our audience about how they can find you and your books and learn more about all of this great work you’re doing.

10 signs you have Aspergers | The Art of Autism Top 10 signs you have Aspergers | The Art of Autism

yes Asperger’s is definitely different to autism in the way of having a conversation with another person finding certain detail irrelevant or being told some information which is boring to listen to. She is passionate about assisting people in reaching their full potential by embracing their individuality. Tania assists clients in discovering their true authentic selves, resolving their concerns, and reaching their full potential. She hopes to assist clients in developing a strong and healthy sense of self, exploring feelings, discovering meaning, and focusing on strengths.Am i the only one who finds this statement racist. Or is it only racist if you reverse the British and East European? One final negative point: this book relies on a lot of pseudoscience, most particularly the last chapter about gastrointestinal problems. Anecdotes and studies/surveys without a control ARE NOT SCIENCE AND DO NOT PROVE ANYTHING. The author gives a list of 'gastrointestinal problems' (list includes migraines) and says that 9/10 aspergirls have these problems. HOWEVER, the list is so broad (includes very common problems such as heartburn) that I'm sure if you gave this survey to a representative sample of NTs you would get 9/10 people having at least one of these problems. My own death scares me because it is unscheduled and out of my control. And I don’t like pain. Logically I can see others also don’t like pain, and it’s a good thing to help them avoid it. If they can’t avoid it I can teach mindful coping, which I also practice. I don't get it. We've been doing a big loft conversion this year and almost every trades person has let us down in some way. We are not rude, always very polite on the phone, falling over myself to make cups of tea, offer biscuits etc while they are here. Another aspect of the structure of the book is that at the end of each topic (chapter), Rudy summarizes by providing direct advice to aspergirls, followed by advice to aspergirl parents. This is smart, very smart, as the two target audiences are vastly different and covers her audience well - and more importantly, sends clear messages to the two most important groups that affect aspergirls.

AspieGirls - Reddit

There were many things I could relate to, but there is still around 50% that I don't relate to at all. What frustrated me most was how she writes about Aspergirls as women who often have temper meltdowns and depression. This is not the case for me and quite some other women AT ALL. In fact I'm someone who rarely gets angry. Really. Most of the women Simone interviewed seemed very emotionally unstable and extremely childish. The latter is also an aspect Simone touches upon a lot. She makes it seem like all Aspergirls are very emotionally immature and don't get along with people their own age and older. I mean... what!? Everyone tells me I have a very old soul and I get along much more with people who are older than me. Sure, I know this is not the case for every Aspergirl, but it did really bug me that Simone paints a picture of Aspergirls as people who all prefer to hang out with those who are at least 10 years younger than them. HR: Tell our audience here, what you feel the big differences are between Aspie in women and guys with Asperger’s. There were also a couple of passages that particularly disturbed me because they seemed to conflate the author's experience with the experience of all women with Asperger's, although I'm still not sure how much of this is the intrinsic content of the passages and how much of it is what I brought to it. Two examples below: Over the years, numerous therapy approaches have been developed. Different approaches are required for different clients in various situations. Because no single theory works for everyone, Tania strives to use an integrated and flexible approach that allows the counselling experience to be tailored to each client’s unique needs and style. So, reading over this list, I feel like I have all of the symptoms save for #4: It’s there, but not as heavy as I’d like it. Also took that online test — managed a score of 33. Where 34 is where the level is for “Autism Likely.”having to do the “right” things causes so much drain and pain, and trying to find answers ending up places like this while looking for answers is just infuriating. you literally have to google “woman with autism” or “aspergers in females” to get anything even remotely close because it’s all geared towards MEN!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment