276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Summer of You (My Summer of You Vol. 1)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He answers Wataru’s question honestly – but then when he needs to communicate honestly himself, he is unable to do so. After they meet, they become fast friends, until one day, when Chiharu confesses his love for Wataru. Wataru says that Chiharu's confession doesn't bother him, and the boys continue throughout their summer, going to pilgrimages to see film spots from their favorite movies.

It's especially nice because of the way that the art shows us how both boys are feeling – Saeki gives the impression of holding himself very tightly, while Wataru slowly begins to incline towards Saeki, both in his feelings and in the way his body language changes over the course of the book. At Anime NYC 2023, Anime News Network had the opportunity to sit down with the voice actor Kazuki Ura, the voice of BLUELOCK's main protagonist Isagi, and Ryoya Arisawa, the producer of the hit sports anime BLUELOCK. I just never managed to get into them - well now, that’s an interesting thing to say about one’s exes…. As he’s confused by Saeki liking him, he also is questioning their friendship and his feelings about saeki.

Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). That Saeki wants to maintain their friendship with no pressure also throws him, but since he genuinely enjoys spending time with him, he agrees, and the two grow closer over the course of the summer of their second year in high school. Together since middle school, high-schoolers Ren and Kai find their friendship is put to the test when they’re placed in different classes.

Confessing like that and expecting an answer straight away or deciding all by yourself is so unfair. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The Summer of You is a gentle exploration of how two young people (who just happen to be the same sex) meet, enjoy hanging out together – then have to learn how to communicate on a much deeper level with one another. If I'm to be considered well-read in any handful of areas, you can bet Yaoi Manga is on that list - and somehow, I've never encountered a story so removed from the usual toxicity I've come to expect in the beginning of these types of stories - though is super PG. My Summer of You isn’t so much about unrequited love as it is about friendship evolving into something more and the process of letting yourself feel a romantic connection to another person.At times, I thought Saeki came on a little strong for someone who claimed to be okay with them remaining just friends, but his sudden bursts of affection and emotion were later explained and I definitely didn't see that coming. If you or anyone you know is suicidal or having suicidal thoughts, please reach out to a suicide prevention organization in your country. Some involve that stage where a character is figuring out their sexuality, while other knew all along but are dealing with coming out or accepting themselves. Drawing things out would have really worked for this particular story, and I'm sorry that it wasn't done.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment