276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You and Me on Vacation

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The trope of friends to lovers has been done so many times, yet this book finds a way to give it a fresh take. Poppy and Alex are fun and hilarious together, and I found myself smiling through all their banter and interactions. Poppy is the zany one while Alex is the straight lace, but both are equally loveable in their own way. my little angel 🧡 convinced me that this read would give me perspective for my y/n friends to *cough cough* love interests situation irl so here I am 🤷🏽‍♀️

You and Me on Vacation ebook by Emily Henry - Rakuten Kobo

The author also could have done a better job with the romance. Poppy and Alex have been doing this tango for 12 years. Yet we are supposed to believe that they just spontaneously happened to have these encounters? It rained so they decided to take their friendship to the next level? That is so lame. Alex couldn't think of anything more thoughtful (even though he is supposed to be this incredibly thoughtful guy)? He didn't buy all of the flowers in the flower shop? He didn't tell Poppy that she looked beautiful in the light? He didn't save up all of his credit card points to try to take her to a nice vacation, something that would really "speak to her" as a traveling guru? He didn't try to show off his muscles to try to catch her eye? I mean I have been out of the dating game for awhile, but I remember it being more exciting than this book......I don’t want to give any spoilers but I can only say one thing. There’s a part at the last third: Poppy gives a powerful and bold speech at the bar: the speech made me cried for at least three hours! My husband finally lost control and put duct tapes to my mouth to make me shut up. I think I’m also suffering from dried eye syndrome. I may have dropped at least five gallons of tears and I think I’m out of tears for a long time! But that emotional speech and entire book made my entire year! I always say I'm not good at Rom/Com because I'm not. I can't identify with the formula (as my friend Jayme mentioned) of most Rom/Coms. It's as if two people who might be right for each other, despite how different they might be, have to manufacture over the top drama to keep them apart. We have a lot of that in this story. I did I loved When the Sky Fell on Splendor so much that I...also made my review a love letter to its author!

You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry REVIEW: You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry

I had read Emily’s previous novel, Beach Read and loved it so I jumped at the chance to be part of the blog tour for You and Me on Vacation and couldn’t wait to get started. it actually started last night, when i finished this book, but it hit too hard for me to even mark it as read.) i would die for emily henry, but that wouldn't help me get my hands on this book as soon as possible. Anyways, that was a tangent but I ADORED THIS BOOK. I highlighted and underlined so many parts that made me smile and made me giddy. This was also the perfect escapism I needed because I haven’t been on a vacation in over a year thanks to ms. corona so I was living vicariously through them going on all these vacations 😍 it really was a much needed escape from reality.

You and Me on Vacation is a wonderful novel which I totally enjoyed escaping into and thoroughly recommend. I am off to deal with my book hangover. Emily Henry, in case you’ve not realised already, is becoming one of my favourite authors. Happy publication day to you. I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I LOVED IT SO MUCH!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment