276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dmr Brendog DeathGrip Lock-On MTB Grips

£11.475£22.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They measure a lengthy 137mm including the single collar and provide 125mm of usable space. They come in either 30 or 32mm diameters to suit bigger- or smaller-handed riders. Wiggle Ltd (In Administration). 1000 Lakeside, Suite 310, Third Floor N E Wing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN, United Kingdom

These grips aren’t dirt cheap, but neither are they excessively expensive. A solid budget option, they get on with the job and come with a classic knurled pattern. There are photos of Deakins bike having the lip cut off just around where the shifter is, so guess it wasn’t just me!

New faulty items/ Wrong Item Received

Rumours that Red Bull Hardline will become a series have been roaming the internet corridors a while, so it's perhaps no surprise to have the official news: Hardline will have... READ NEXT: Best hardtail mountain bikes The best MTB grips to buy in 2022 1. DMR Death Grips MTB Grips: Best all-round grips If you just want a no-nonsense mountain bike at an attractive price point, the Canyon Neuron AL 6 is a very good answer. Ideal for soothing sore paws, Ergon makes a range of ergonomically shaped grips that offer a possible solution if you suffer from pain in your hands. These GA2 grips are among its MTB-specific models and come with a less pronounced profile than other designs in the range. Personally I prefer the ribbed bit and I have an older set of superstar which have this type and they are super comfortable.

I really like them too, best grips I’ve used, alhough the ends are just soft rubber so can get a bit damaged (a bit – both sets I have are still intact) They’re shorter than most grips effectively making the bars wider if you were limited to where you placed your brakes/shifter previously. You should always keep proof of postage and we advise you to use a ‘signed for service’ when returning goods. Subtly shaped to fit your palm, the GA2s are designed to reduce any discomfort caused by gripping the bars. Made with hardwearing rubber, they’re very comfortable, if a little expensive. Diameter: You can try and match this to your hands, but personal preference also plays a part. Small hands often suit narrow diameter grips, but plenty of big-handed riders like them too. Generally, thinner grips give you a feeling of direct connection to the bike. However, as they don’t provide much depth of rubber, they can be harsher than fatter models.The hard rubber compound has lasted very well, and I never felt grip to be an issue at all, but on intense runs I would have chosen the softer compound with its extra cushioning. All told a great grip, at a great price. At 142mm long, they provide plenty of space, and their 31mm diameter strikes a happy medium: they’re likely to be a hit with riders looking to balance comfort and control. The soft yet durable Kraton rubber also means that they strike a good balance between squish and longevity.

The DeathGrips have become my new favourites thanks to the way that they blend comfort and traction. Cycle to Work is a salary sacrifice scheme, where you can save up to 42% off a new Bike and Safety equipment. This means the cost is deducted from your salary as a non-cash benefit, so you save on tax and national insurance.Chain reaction Cycles and CRC are trading names of Wiggle Ltd (In Administration) registered in the United Kingdom at 1000 Lakeside, Suite 310, Third Floor N E Wing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN, They feature collars on both ends, and while this won’t suit riders who like to hang their paws over the bar’s edge, it does mean there’s practically no chance of them moving. A good choice generally, they’ll calm the nerves of anyone who’s experienced a grip slipping on landing a big jump or whipping through a particularly twisty corner. If you like to ride gloveless or want maximum traction in the rain, these could be the grips for you. Made by motocross legends Renthal, you’ll get approving nods from gnarlier riders, along with all the control you’ll ever need. I rode the thin ones for a while, they were great but the lip did get in the way of shifting occasionally.

If you wish to return your bike to us please keep it in the box it arrived in and call us on 01772 644340 and we will arrange a collection. a) If we have sent you the incorrect bicycle, we will cover the cost of collection and delivery of the correct model. A soft and mallelable mushroom pattern has been implemented on the inner side for your thumb to sit on, this comfy section helps prevent thumb blisters after a long riding session! The DMR Death Gripscome complete with a durable, closed end. Coming in several colours and four different compounds, the softest two compounds offer up dependable grip even in the wettest, muddiest conditions. I wanted to make the ultimate grip to go on all my bikes: AM to DH. I combined the following features and the DeathGrip is what we ended up with!’

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Performance Cycling Limited 2023. Tredz is a trading name of Performance Cycling Limited. All Rights Reserved These massively popular and long-serving grips from ODI feature a knurled pattern all over. Perhaps a little fast-wearing on account of their thin diameter and soft compound, they still have many fans. Helps me channel my inner Brendog, well sometimes, actually once or twice I’ve actually ridden ‘death grip’ (I.E. without a finger on the brake lever ready to ride) it made for a few ‘ohshit’ moments, but I soon learned it only takes a fraction of a second to get my finger to the lever and it means less pointless comfort braking*. Even in heavy rain the ribbed section manages to squeeze out water and enable the strongest part of your hand to keep clinging on.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment