276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Look into my eyes: Book 1 (Ruby Redfort)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

anyway, i can imagine that this book could be very appealing to my twelve-year-old self, so probably any twelve to thirteen-year-old right now can find it interesting. I've been a massive fan of Charlie and Lola and Clarice Bean ever since I was really little. My parents would read me the picture books, and then when the first CB novel came out they read it to me as well. When I read it on my own it was the first chapter book I had ever read with no help at all, and I was immensely proud of myself. I bought the second book and waited avidly for the third and last. My best friend's mother used to work in publishing and she happened to be at Lauren Child's book signing, and bought me a signed edition of Don't Look Now. I've been waiting for Ruby Redfort books to come out for ages, and I'm so glad I got it for Christmas. My Uncle is a Hunkle, Says Clarice Bean - picture book - Clarice's parents have gone away and she is looked after by her Uncle. so erm... technically i haven't read this book for a while, and before i read it i had in my head that i wouldn't like it. i am also currently a college student who pretends to be a literature snob so shhhh don't tell anyone. This book is full of exciting adventures, murderous villains, perplexing codes and difficult missions. Ruby is meant to be thirteen, and even though she’s a ‘genius’, sometimes I thought she seemed more like an eleven year old. However I don’t think this really matters as some people don’t act their age, and that includes characters in books! My only problem with this book is that it was very slow-paced in places.

Like book 1, this is a Vigenère cipher, but the keyword has changed! Clue: It swims in the sea, but it's not a fish. It was once on the surface, but now it's on the bottom. . ." What Planet Are You From Clarice Bean? - picture book - Clarice and her brother Kurt try to save Earth. Tigers are roaming the streets, and it looks like someone has deliberately released some very rare and very dangerous animals. Things are going to get wild – and Ruby is going to get badly lost in the wilderness. The question is: will she ever make it out alive? As usual, this is a Vigenère cipher. Here's your clue to the keyword: This royal personage's suggestion for survival was to let them eat cake." Her first children’s book Clarice Bean, That’s Me won a Bronze medal at the Nestle Smarties Book Awards. In 2000, she won the prestigious Kate Greenaway medal for I Will Not Ever, Never Eat a Tomato followed by a second Nestlé Smarties Book Prize in 2002 for That Pesky Rat. Clarice Bean became the star of Lauren’s first novel Utterly Me, Clarice Bean in 2002, and went on to appear in two more novels. A television series based on her Charlie and Lola books has also become a huge hit for CBBC.Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which career to embark upon. Meanwhile, Mrs Digby is trapped in a large aircraft hangar with all of the Redforts' personal belongings. She hears men going through all the items, but they do not find what they are looking for. Ruby must pit her wits against a seemingly invisible foe. How do you set your sights on catching a light-fingered villain if you can’t even see him…? Meanwhile, Mrs Digby is still trapped with all the Redforts' furniture. She hears a scrabbling noise, which she thinks is rats, and goes to investigate, but finds it is a short Swiss man with a large mustache: Klaus Gustav.

The woman ( LB) tells her that she is the head of a very secret agency called Spectrum. She offers Ruby a job as a codebreaker as they recently lost their codebreaker, Lopez. Ruby accepts after a while and goes home. As she climbs out of the manhole cover, she sees Hitch, who is actually a secret agent, assigned to look after Ruby while his injury heals. The Ruby Redfort books are written by bestselling author Lauren Child. Child is most famous for the Charlie and Lola books and TV series and her books have won multiple awards including Smarties Prize (four times), the Kate Greenaway Medal and the Red House Children’s Book Award. Lauren Child first introduced the character of Ruby Redfort in her three award-winning Clarice Bean novels, fans begged her to develop Ruby’s story and a new series was born. The cover of this book is awesome – I like how you can only see Ruby’s eyes as it makes the cover look more mysterious. The green and pink add a nice splash of colour. Child's illustrations contain different media including magazine cuttings, collage, material and photography as well as traditional watercolours. She is the illustrator of the Definitely Daisy series by Jenny Oldfield. The Princess and the Pea (2005), adapted from the 1835 fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, with photographs by Polly BorlandThe thing is… my daughter doesn’t like them. She is a fan of fantasy and mystery and also very much of mixed-up fairy tales. Ruby Redfort falls into the secret agent mystery category. Although not a big fan of Clarice Bean, I thought Windsor would like these more because of the mystery. But she has set them aside, twice, to continue plowing through yet another mixed-up fairy tale series (even though I found the other series inferior…) and has yet to finish even the first one. A Vigenere cipher is a polyalphabetic cipher (where one letter will not always transpose to one other letter). It is coded by giving the letters A-Z numbers 0-25. A is 0 and Z is 25. Next, a keyword is created, for example, RUBY. The values of the letters in the word RUBY are 10,4,24. The values of the keyword will be added on to the values of the letters in the message. For example, if the message is "Meet me at the tree": She won a second Smarties Prize in 2002 for That Pesky Rat, which was commended for the Greenaway too. [12] [a] In the same year she wrote her first children's novel, Utterly Me, Clarice Bean, one of 39 books nominated by the librarians for the Carnegie Medal. [14] Her second novel in this series, Clarice Bean Spells Trouble was shortlisted for the 2005 British Book Awards Children's Book of the Year. The third novel, Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now was published in 2007.

Ruby is kept hostage by Baby Face Marshall in a tower room, while the Jade Buddha launch party is going on. Count von Viscount then comes and talks to her about Spectrum and his plan to steal the Jade Buddha. He gets the glass key off her, which is the key to the Jade Buddha's glass case. The Count tells her that the tower room will turn into a giant hourglass and bury her in emerald-green sand, and leaves. Ruby escapes out of the window just as there is an explosion at the Twinford City Bank. Child was the cover artist for all three volumes and the author of at least the first volume's introduction.

Twinford

Hey, buster! Normal life is a total yawn. So break out of boredom with multi-million-copy bestselling author Lauren Child, and meet your new favourite heroine… Ruby Redfort: detective, secret agent, thirteen-year-old kid. The mystery was incredible. It was well-thought out. Trust me, it isn't your normal "Oh no! A mystery! Who did it?" kind of thing. Child has also written 3 other books to the series, 'Take Your Last Breath' and 'Catch Your Death' and 'Feel The Fear,’ Available soon. Ruby Redfort, the young sleuth in an imagined book series adored by Child’s already-established character Clarice Bean, begins her very own series with this lukewarm mystery.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment