276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures #1): The bestselling, heart-stopping adventure!

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alice’s long nails raked at Lily’s scalp, scratching her ears. There was nothing for it, she would have to retaliate. She swung her balled fist at Alice’s face. The fox gave a whimper of disapproval. No. It should be you, John. Humans over mechanicals. It’s the law. As John watched it through the open hatch, shrinking away in the sky, an image of his daughter, Lily, flashed into his mind. If only he could see her one last time. Tell her the truth about the past. He should’ve done it long ago, but he’d not been brave enough. Now Malkin would have to take care of things. Everything was in the letter. Lily sighed. It was exhausting dealing with such idiots. Don’t be ridiculous, she told them. Of course they have feelings. They’re no different to you or me. How dare you! Lucretia grabbed the last of the sheets from Molly, and threw them on the floor. Look what you’ve done, you stupid mech, you’ve dyed them pink!

Cogheart by Peter Bunzl is a fantastic adventure story set in

After art college and film school, Peter worked as an animator on commercials, pop videos, and two BAFTA-winning children’s TV shows, and wrote and directed several successful short films. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - They passed the main entrance, and Lily glanced at the Academy’s motto carved in the granite lintel. Vincit Omnia Veritas – Truth Conquers All.

She glanced about. It seemed the dorm wasn’t empty after all. Through a thin dividing curtain at the end of the row of beds, Lily glimpsed the silhouette of a hunched figure sitting on the corner of a mattress. She walked over and peered round the edge of the drape to find Molly Tarnish, the mechanical maid, sitting softly crying to herself, her metal shoulders shaking beneath her starched white pinny. Beyond her, the door to the servants’ staircase stood ajar.

Cogheart by Peter Bunzl - Ebook | Scribd Cogheart by Peter Bunzl - Ebook | Scribd

Peter Bunzl is a British author, animator and filmmaker who lives in North London. After studying at art college and film school, Peter worked as an animator on commercials, pop videos and 2 BAFTA winning children’s TV shows. He also wrote and directed several successful short films before he became a children’s writer.Which was why, after her run-in with the Kraken, she decided to skip French conversation class and hide her remaining stash of penny dreadfuls before they were confiscated or worse, destroyed – like every other vaguely interesting or illicit thing in this institution.

Cogheart by Peter Bunzl | Waterstones

John smiled. Secrets. Tell her to keep them safe. She mustn’t tell anyone about them, not ever. Can you remember that? Lily’s life is in mortal peril. Her father is missing and now silver-eyed men stalk her through the shadows. What could they want from her?I’m not coming, Lily told her. I don’t feel like it. Anyway, Madame wouldn’t know polite conversation if it bit her on the behind. She threw a sideways glance at Molly, who bowed her head and stifled a wheezing laugh. Listen, you pair of simpering, fat-headed dolts, she said, if you ever speak to Molly that way again I’ll…I’ll… Creakily, Molly rubbed her head. She bent down and gathered her dropped sheets and stepped to the servants’ door. Please, Misses, don’t fight on my account. I am sorry, but I must go, I’ve work to do.

The Cogheart Adventures Series by Peter Bunzl - Goodreads

Rumour had it the bodies of the worst offending former residents were buried in that bunker, and when the coal ran dry their white bones would be revealed, poking from the dust. Pistons pumped, and crankshafts turned at full power, while the cabin juddered and shook. In the centre of the floor, a metal egg-shaped pod sat among a tangle of pipes.The Kraken was somewhat obsessed with posture. As for Lily, she barely gave it a second thought. In her opinion it was better to read books than balance them. That’s what they were designed for, after all. And if you wanted to wear something on your head there was a perfectly good item designed for that too: it was called a hat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment