276°
Posted 20 hours ago

David Bowie Is

£20£40.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You could never read the articles (which are a mixed bag) but the pictures and the choice of material means its a fantastic reminder of the show and almost makes up for missing the show.

Books Beloved by David Bowie - Radical Reads 100 Books Beloved by David Bowie - Radical Reads

The more than 300 color illustrations include personal and performance photographs, album covers, costumes, original lyric sheets, and much more. With the Victoria and Albert Museum’s unprecedented, career-spanning retrospective, “David Bowie” is underway and Bowie’s newest album The Next Day having shot straight up to number one on the music charts, now is the perfect time for fans to engross themselves in the best David Bowie book currently available. So here within the pages of this book, we are treated to an inside look at how each reincarnation came to life.I found myself getting misty-eyed as I flipped through the first fifty or so pages of this gorgeous book, mostly because every bit of it - the photographs, the items, the layout design, the "Bowie Is" phrasing concept - feels completely central to the sum of the man's career, iconography and combined personae.

David Bowie Is by Victoria Broackes | Goodreads

He continues to be cited as a major influence on contemporary artists and designers working across the creative arts.Being a massive Bowie fan I bought this a couple of years ago and began reading it again after his death in January. What follows is an intimate, personal and important perspective on the genesis of one of the most iconic musicians of the twentieth century – one that gets under the skin of the man himself, before the personas and alter-egos masked the fascinating figure beneath them. It is as idiosyncratic and knowingly pretentious as most of Morley’s writing, but also full of tributes that might be overblown, but speak powerful truths.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment