276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BLACK+DECKER 400 V Scorpion Electric Saw with 3 Blades and 10mm Stroke Length, KS890ECN-GB

£29.5£59.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I cut a 28cm green tree trunk with this chainsaw with ease. You probably find that hard to believe on a 35cm bar? Well, take a look at this video. It didn’t lose power at any point, I didn’t have to ease off, it was actually an enjoyable cut. Not something you would associate with a cordless chainsaw 🙂 Cordless tools are quieter, provide the power homeowners need for most mid weight jobs, and remove the need for dangerous power cables everywhere. I would predict in the next ten years cordless will have completely taken over as the prices will continue to drop on mass usage. Cordless chainsaw safety first – boots, trousers, and a sharp chainsaw Unwanted Food or Drink Products - Once supply conditions are broken, there are a number of factors outside of our control that can affect the quality of a product. Therefore perishable goods such as food and drink cannot be returned.

Don’t forget safety equipment and user manuals, at a minimum make sure you have a good nose through the do’s and do not’s of the chainsaw you buy. You’l be surprised just how much time you save setting up as well. I remember my first cordless chainsaw arrives and I put the chain on the wrong way around. An easy mistake to make when it’s your first chainsaw and don’t know the ropes! Most powerful cordless chainsaw: Makita DUC405Z Twin 18v / 36v LXT Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Chainsaw 400mm [Personally tested for two years and proven] Not only that, I liked the safety features too. The bar needs to be brought forward to engage the motor as well as turned on. It is very difficult to actually press the switch on by accident which goes without saying is a very good thing. Cordless chainsaws are a minefield and extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. You can get a bar length typically from 30-40cm and the voltage tends to range from 18V to 36V. The more powerful versions are 36V and generally carry the longer bar. The sweet spot seems to be around 35cm as they generally have the same power output at the 40cm with a smaller chain. Needless to say poor little 8 inch logs don’t stand a chance; this thing is absolutely superb at cutting, raw power isn’t two words you would associate with a cordless chainsaw but Makita have made that possible. Their battery tech is miles ahead in my opinion for everyday use at home and I feel like I had a right bargain. Have a look at 8 inch logs being cut. Would I be mad for suggesting this was actually ‘fun’? 😀

Latest articles

You can definitely buy this with confidence, it is one of the best cordless tools Makita have ever produced.

As you can see the power delivery is like new and it’s very hard for me to recommend anything else when all it’s direct competitors struggle at the price point and quality on offer here 🙂 On a strict budget this tool may make sense, it performs similarly to the best cordless models and if you invest in Greenworks then make sure you take advantage of their other bare tools. This model is considerably lighter and quieter than a petrol and provides enough power for almost all cutting you would expect in an average garden. It’s claimed you’ll get 150 logs cut on a single charge. I’m not sure that’s easy to quantify but in my opinion you can get a solid 75 6-8 logs cut with minimal fuss before you need a charge, certainly more than you’ll burn in the next couple of days! Largest cut on a cordless chainsaw: Makita DUC405Z Twin 18v / 36v LXT Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Chainsaw 400mm

Even with a new budget model against it with a new battery vs my two year old batteries, there is no comparison in power delivery: The battery light indicator is a nice touch too. Pressing the batteries is awkward. So having the ready directly on the chainsaw makes for easy use. It’s bright enough to see in the day too:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment