276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Breville The Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool For 54mm Filter Baskets

£189.995£379.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you're wondering about that, it's really not that interesting ;-), it's just that Breville worldwide sold the brand name here in the 80s. Personally, I much prefer the shot timer on the Pro, and all of the other benefits the LCD brings than the pressure gauge on the Express. You don't really need a pressure gauge anyway, you know the grind size is right by the shot time. Cup Warmer

With the oracle all of the coffees are pre-programmed, meaning you can just swipe and select your coffee, so it's more towards the one touch end of bean to cup machines. It comes with a milk jug, a tamper, and the Razor tool, which is a prep tool specific to Sage machines that ensures a level surface and also makes sure you always have the correct headspace – the gap between the coffee and the shower screen, the part that the water comes through. So this “4 keys formula” which features in all of the Sage espresso machines, isn't a marketing ploy, it tells you that with 9 bars of pressure, pre-infusion, a PID to control the brew temp and steam pressure, this is a machine that is made for home barista use in mind and isn't simply just a “normal domestic coffee machine” made to target this market.Which machine would I prefer to use on a daily basis if I had to choose from the Breville Barista Max Vs. Barista Express? Barista Express, all day long, without a shadow of a doubt, but having said that, the Barista Express really are cheap, so if you just don't have the budget for the Barista Express, I can see the appeal. I would look at the available extended warranty available on the Barista Max range from Currys though, if I was thinking of going for that machine. Sage machines sell as Breville outside of Europe, but the Breville brand in the UK is completely different, and the Breville Barista range in the UK, despite looking and sounding spookily similar, are not the same machines. change out my 3 beans, and know exactly what grind size I need to get the same result consistently. If that assumption is incorrect and you're in the States or Australia or some other country which is probably warmer and drier than the UK, you'll probably know this machine as the Breville Barista Pro.

This leads to some people choosing not to fix their machine if it develops a problem after three or four years for example, which is quite a short life for an espresso machine.It doesn't have the LCD display that the pro has, so it doesn't have the shot timer, easy access to cleaning cycles, and so on, and you can't change the brew temp. I actually think a lot of people who look at the Barista Express and the Barista Pro probably assume there is some assistance, mainly because many retailers market them as bean to cup machines due to the integrated grinder, but these aren't assisted machines – with the Barista Pro and Barista express, everything is down to the user, including the dose and tamp. Except for the Sage Dual Boiler, and the Oracle & Oracle Touch (which are based on the Dual Boiler) all of Sage's espresso machines feature on-demand water heaters instead of boilers.

I discovered this when I received the demo model, people in the US appear to have made judgments about this machine without trying it, and they've mainly come to the wrong conclusion. What I've seen in most threads and in video comments etc., is that the only thing different about the Impress is the tamping handle, that's not right.This is partly due to the 4 hole steam tip that comes with the Pro, while the Express has a one hole steam tip, but it's not only that, I tested this too and although the Express is a bit faster with the 4 hole tip attached, it isn't as fast as the pro – so it's partly down to the new thermojet water heater.

So when you first use your machine, it'll guide you through setting up and priming, you literally don't need to touch the manual. It'll then take you into the first use tutorial, which is similar but more in-depth than the barista guidance you'll get when using it on a daily basis. It's not fully assisted like the Barista Touch Impress. That machine has assistance/automation from start to finish, from plugging in the machine, all the way through making espresso and steaming milk. The Express Impress just has the assistance where espresso is concerned. There are quite a few videos about this machine on Youtube, and most of them I watched and literally had applications. But the result is unsuccessful. 17-18 gr in videos. and using grinding values ​​between 2-8 I saw very good results. So I started asking why I am not getting this result.

A great machine for manual espresso beginners but keen amateurs will crave more control

It’s been too long, I’m sorry. But now I’m really unhappy about this. Please share if you have suggestions about what I did wrong. I think that a huge percentage of the mainstream coffee drinkers who fall somewhere within the two extremes I've just described would probably be best suited to the Barista Express if they're looking for the best combination of cup quality and value for money. MY BREW SETTING: Allows you to customise parameters like bloom time, brew temperature, and flow rate to suit your coffee needs; create a perfect coffee that is floral, fruity, earthy, and so on to match your preference Despite some cynicism about its touchscreen it’s fair to say that the Barista Touch impressed everyone who used it. Where other machines required a fair amount of tweaking to get an acceptable result – indeed, we routinely had to take some time to experiment with dosing, grind size and extraction levels to get the best out of other brands’s machines – the Sage produced top quality espresso at its default settings, with only a couple of tweaks needed to fine-tune the grind size. had gone after the first run through to warm the group head and portafilter – so I though t that it was me off with my milk skills that

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment