276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sun and Her Flowers: Rupi Kaur

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After completing her degree in rhetoric and professional writing, she published her first collection of poems,milk and honey,in 2015, which quickly became an international bestseller.

The poems range in length from as short as one line to several pages, but the majority are in what has come to be Kaur’s signature style: short and uncomplicated lines that seem to say so much more in sum than the total of their parts. But my present day self has matured and moved on from teenage/college-age angst, so I think I've outgrown this type of sentimental writing. Una de las cosas que me fastidian de la poesía, es que la mayoría trate de enamorarse y corazones rotos. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.Anyways, I could go on and on about how much her work mirrors the work of lesser-known authors, but I think most readers already know this.

She was known as an “instapoet,” a term used to designate those who share their work on social media. The five sections of the book correspond with a poem that compares the process of personal growth to the life cycle of a flower.Initially, she self-published her first collection of poems, milk and honey, in 2014; it was so successful that it was republished in 2015 by independent US publisher Andrews McMeel. In fact, I was thinking about doing a master‘s or applying for law school after graduating, but the universe had other plans. I hear a thousand kind words about me and it makes no difference yet I hear one insult and all confidence shatters - focusing on the negative. The exceptions are in the occasional prose paragraphs, which Kaur punctuates with periods (one also utilizes em dashes).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment