276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fourth Wing: DISCOVER THE INSTANT SUNDAY TIMES AND NUMBER ONE GLOBAL BESTSELLING PHENOMENON! (The Empyrean)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The rider's quadrant is a vicious school of tests and challenges that will end with more cadets dead than alive. Often times the tests kill the cadets. Just as often, the other cadets will do the killing. And what deaths remain are likely from the dragons themselves! Unique schools like this are why series like Harry Potter, Vampire Academy, Divergent, Red Rising, and even Throne of Glass have been wildly popular and universally loved. Una protagonista che è una Mary Sue (anche se fa finta di non esserlo) che va avanti a colpi di fortuna e deus ex machina, scene un po' cringe, trama assolutamente prevedibile, spiegazioni che non sono spiegazioni ma più che altro un "è così perché sì", la tendenza a svicolare dalle situazioni buttandola in caciara…e potrei continuare! This book contains an addictive, drug like essence that will make you relinquish all responsibility until the very last word. Do not say I didn’t warn you’– Glamour However, saying that, we didn’t really see a whole lot of character development. Violet got a bit less perpetually terrified as she adapted, but she didn’t exactly read as a shrinking violet (sorry for the pun) at the beginning – I mean, she had a knife to a guy’s balls before she even officially joined the quadrant after all. And other than her coming to realise that her disability wasn’t perhaps as much of a death sentence as she had believed, she doesn’t really grow as a character. And we don’t ever really find out why she was special enough for not only the most badass dragon going to bond to her, but for a second rare shiny (literally) dragon to bond to her too – and the double dose of special magic powers that go with it. So that aspect falls a little flat.

With fewer dragons willing to bond than cadets, most would kill Violet to better their own chances of success. The rest would kill her just for being her mother’s daughter―like Xaden Riorson, the most powerful and ruthless wingleader in the Riders Quadrant.

Featured

Ein absolut unbeschreibliches Jahreshighlight, das ich sicher nicht so schnell vergessen werde und mir sehr unter die Haut gegangen ist. Violet, Xaden, die Drachen, diese Welt und alles andere konnte mich von Anfang an nicht mehr loslassen und hat mich süchtig gemacht. Ich kann den Hype nun wirklich zu 100% verstehen und möchte diese Geschichte nie mehr missen!🖤 Dragons and war, passion and power… Fourth Wing is dazzling. Rebecca Yarros has created a world as compelling as it is deadly, and I can't wait to see where she takes it next.” —Nalini Singh, New York Times bestselling author

Or will we get POV for the first time he sees her? Or when she’s hiding in that tree? Will we know how he’s reading her mind? Because you know my theory already, I think Xaden is inntinnsic. Oh wow. It’s clear that I just basically want a Fourth Wing written from Xaden’s POV. Fourth Wing ha il pregio di avere un ritmo serrato, con molte scene dinamiche e scontri che tengono sempre viva l'attenzione, tanto da distogliere questa dai difetti più evidenti, trasportando il lettore in una storia coinvolgente ed appassionante.

Order Books

Fascinating. You look all frail and breakable, but you’re really a violent little thing, aren’t you?” Then, the big revelation, did not come as a revelation at all, as I knew it would happen from the start (if u read enough books, you will be able to spot the patterns and the direction of the story) , and did not buy into its delivery. As for the side characters, I very much enjoyed them enough, even though some were more one dimensional than others, but in particular I adored the life out of Liam. House of the Dragonmeets Divergent in this utterly thrilling, unputdownable new fantasy!' AMALIE HOWARD

A fantasy like you've never read before.” —Jennifer L. Armentrout, #1 New York Times bestselling authorAnd to top it all up, Xaden, the mmc, suddenly changes personality and forgets the fact that a few of his friends died, including his foster brother, and he basically turns into Violet's doormat and can only think with his 'appendix' . And this is what worries me the most, that the author will take the same direction as other YA writers and will 'diminish' the male characters (aka turn them into complet doormats, living in the shadow of the female characters' 'glory'), just to make the mfc seem stronger, which is beyond sad and I doubt I will ever understand the reasoning behind.

This expertly crafted romantic fantasy is sure to launch the beginning of a brand-new insatiable fandom!' LEXI RYAN Era il libro che ci voleva in un periodo particolarmente pieno, ha saputo intrattenermi e incuriosirmi, tanto da lasciarmi con più di un dubbio su come andranno le cose nei prossimi libri! NOTE TO READERS: This breathtaking special edition is only available for a limited time and while quantities last. We are so thrilled to announce a reprint of our ‘Fourth Wing’ Exclusive Edition, brought to you in collaboration with Piatkus ( @yourswithlovex) and @rebeccayarros!As smoldering as it is spellbinding, Fourth Wing is a thrilling, dragon-filled delight!” —Cindi Madsen, USA Today bestselling author Friends, enemies, lovers. Everyone at Basgiath War College has an agenda—because once you enter, there are only two ways out: graduate or die. This had everything I wanted in a fantasy romance - a badass female MC, contests and deadly trials, battles, intrigue, corruption, betrayal, female rage, enemies to lovers, slow(ish) burn with a very morally-grey love interest, and of course - DRAGONS' Netgalley - five star review Liam! I am so sad that we lost Liam. I cried so much when all of that happened. I was hoping so way that Violet could freeze time like she could with Adarna but I never did. Not only did she lose a great friend, but Xaden also lost a brother. It was so sad. I'm definitely going to miss his character. Enter the brutal and elite world of a war college for dragon riders from USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Yarros.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment