276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Five Go Adventuring Again: Book 2 (Famous Five)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I could empathise with poor George in this book. I'm quite stubborn myself and I would probably react the same way if I had a tutor like Mr. Roland. It was so obvious that he was up to no good, I mean, Timmy wouldn't even shake hands with him. I can see why this series is such a classic. I kept reading references to the Famous Five stories in books by British authors so decided it was time for me to read the series! I'm glad I did! These are children's stories and a bit dated, but very enjoyable tales! There are 21 books in the series, published from 1942 through 1963. Then there are eight short stories added in 1995. Five Go Adventuring Again is the second book in the series. I still have a lot of reading to do! :) According to the Index Translationum, Blyton was the fifth most popular author in the world in 2007, coming after Lenin but ahead of Shakespeare. The Five have to have tutoring over the Christmas holidays because of illness. It snows heavily and they can't get out. Di sela-sela kegiatan belajar dan persiapan malam Natal, Lima Sekawan berkunjung ke Kirrin Farm yang dulunya milik keluarga George. Bu Sanders, pengelola tempat tersebut, menceritakan ubin dan dinding yang bisa digeser dan dibuka secara misterius. Lima Sekawan langsung tertarik. Mereka mengeksplorasi tempat tersebut dan menemukan benda-benda tua, salah satunya peta dari linen. Peta itu menunjukan sebuah jalan rahasia. Lima Sekawan tidak bisa melanjutkan mencari jalan tersebut karena beberapa kamar di Kirrin Farm disewa oleh doa orang seniman.

Five Go Adventuring Again - Wikipedia

Famous Five Slipcase (1-5): "Five on a Treasure Island", "Five Go Adventuring Again", "Five Run Away Together", "Five Go to Smuggler's Top", "Five Go Off in a Caravan"Having now read _Five Go Adventuring Again_, I have the strong suspicion that George is the best thing ever, as she is a girl with a boy’s name who prefers to be called ‘Master George,’ she actually gets away doing poorly at school on the excuse that she hasn’t ever been there before, and not only does she solve the mystery of who has been stealing her father’s scientific work, but she also solves the ages-old secret-passage mystery as well – while everyone else (including the adults) are just kind of standing around being like, ‘hmm, everything is so confusing, probably because we are only eleven!’ I enjoyed reading about their little Christmas celebrations, and it was inspiring to see how they band together against a common enemy. Find sources: "Five Go Adventuring Again"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( July 2015) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.

FIVE ENID BLYTON - Google Drive FAMOUS FIVE ENID BLYTON - Google Drive

Di umur sekarang kayaknya aku udah nggak cocok buat baca buku anak-anak, tapi Lima Sekawan: Beraksi Kembali masih bisa membuatku bersemangat dan terhibur dengan kasus misteriusnya. Bener, loh! Yaaa, emang sih aku sebel sama kelakuan Anne yang super polos dan George yang gampang pundungan. Tapi Tim menyelamatkanku dengan tingkah lakunya yang lucu dan setia dengan teman-temannya. Lucu, ya, anjing bisa ikut berpetualang gini. Lalu penemuan jalan rahasia ini juga menarik, apalagi jika dihubungkan dengan ketidaksukaan Tim pada Pak Ronald dan kedatangan dua seniman ke Kirrin Farm. Aku sempet tidak yakin dengan teoriku, tapi petunjuk-petunjuk kecil mulai bermunculan dan saling mengaitkan hal-hal tersebut dan aku pun jadi excited sendiri! The Secret Way is described as being dug through sandy soil ... which boggles the mind ... and the children encounter cave-ins along the length of it, meaning that their exploration of it is actually mind-bendingly fool-hardy.The other central issue is that of the Secret Way - which is a secret tunnel that for no apparent reason joins Kirrin Cottage to Kirrin Farm. It seems to be a vast and pointless feat of engineering. It doesn't even have smuggling potential. I can see why kids have loved these books for decades! I wish I had had such fun adventures in my own childhood! As mentioned in my review of Five on a Treasure Island, I began my "Enid Blyton Project" recently, in response to an article which listed Blyton as the sixth-most popular author in the world. As someone with an interest in children's literature, I thought it behoved me to familiarize myself with so prolific and popular an author in the field. I cannot say, after reading upwards of twenty titles (Blyton authored more than 800) that I am overly impressed with her prose, but there is no doubt that this kind of formulaic series fiction fulfills an important role in the development of reading skills in most children. Uncle Quentin's important "scientific work" is highlighted in this one. The book was written during the second world war and although the men who are trying to steal Uncle Quentin's SECRET FORMULA aren't identified as German spies ... that's who they are. Similarly, when they're hauled off at the end there's no hint that they were probably shot a week later! I enjoyed the mystery of the plot and all the adventures the children have, but the plot was a bit slow. Thankfully, the writing is so charming that I didn't mind the slow plot. The clues for the mystery are unraveled bit by bit, and the direction of the mystery was very obvious, so I got a little impatient to just get on with it, since I had already guessed what would happen. But it was enjoyable to see it all unfold!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment