276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beekeeping Supplies UK 14x12 Brood Frames - 14 x 12 Deep Brood Frames - Pack of 10 14x12 Deep Brood Frames - With Nails

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I started out with nationals, decided the above and just bought the conversion ekes (masiemores are better, they go on the bottom of a standard National rather than Thorne's which go on the top so you have to take the runners off) on the basis that if I didn't get on with 14x12s I could always go back. and then when the queen is in there and laying and a good percentage of the frames are drawn out and have brood in swap the boxes round so the national brood is on top and stick a queen excluder in between. This covers against any faults or defects in the workmanship or serious timber defects for a period of 12 months.

Any timber has been cut, pierced, or drilled without a subsequent application of approved cut-end treatment. But it's all a matter of personal choice and what suits YOU - the only way to find out is to try a 14 x 12 and see. The colony will re-orientate to the new entrance and will concentrate their efforts in the 14 x 12 box.and to be honest the 14 x 12 box is usually big enough to take even the biggest colony and the most fecund of queens- by the time they have got to full size you have supers on anyway and they have the extra space they need . Please note - All of our products must be installed on a level solid base, the usual but not limited to methods are either concrete, paving slabs (flags), a wooden frame. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. We have also made the roof 100% thicker than competitor’s allowing the highest point of heat loss to be vastly reduced.

The treatment is highly effective in keeping the structure strong, but will need topping up over time to keep the wood in optimum condition.

Chose from our plain wood frames in White, Black or Grey or Brushed gun metals, blacks, silvers or whites. We have also eliminated the use of integrated feeders that cause issues like disturbance to the nest when feeding, brace comb, and drowning bees. Easyshed, Station Road Industrial Estate, Station Road, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1HT, United Kingdom. I feel my bees over-winter better on a single brood and with OMFs, they have more space to retreat from any severe weather conditions than if a single standard brood only.

This simple yet effective concept allows beekeepers to easily create self-sustaining mating nucs that are from a standardised national frame design. Yes, put the 14 x 12 box on top of the National brood box (no queen excluder) and feed to encourage the bees to draw out the foundation.The pent roof makes the unit blend into the garden while giving you full headroom throughout the complete shed. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. I inspect the uppermost box for swarming weekly, because they do the queen cells in top most brood box if they do them. ensure you have enough space for the footprint of the building, as well as room for any overhangs, and space to carry out maintenance work, and for air flow round the sides.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment