276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shure SRH440-E Professional Headphones, Accurate Audio Across an Extended Range, Collapsible, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most of the design decisions have improved on the predecessor, but there is one change that some may not like. The previous version was fully collapsible, making it a breeze to transport. This newer model does fold flat but doesn’t collapse. Still decent for travel but not as convenient as the original. My DIY speaker system (it measures very flat) served as a reference with respect to tonal balance. I also own some open headphones like Sony MDR-MA900 and Sennheiser PX100, which also provided a baseline when I evaluated tonal balance of the headphones under comparison. I used a desktop headphone amp that has flat FR and reasonably low output impedance.

These headphones are actually pretty tight gripping on my (seemingly) normal sized head. I like that A LOT, but I'm sure it bothers the hell of some people. I've heard people calling them loose, but they aren't to me. Like I said before, these are quite hefty in weight, but also in size. (Which I like a lot, but for those looking for smaller, lighter cans, I don't think this is where you want to go) The plastics used on the headphones are very solid and of high quality. I guess I had taken the build of the previous set of headphones I was using as fair, so when I just grabbed the earcups and pulled them apart I was blown away with just how well these things were made. The SRH440 headphones are suited for use both at home or in the studio. Impedance, power handling and sensitivity are all calibrated for professional audio devices such as DJ mixers, mixing consoles and headphone amplifiers._ Personally, I love the design of the Shure SRH-440's they are not designed in any way to be fashion headphones. Rather the 440s are designed for their purpose and that is as a studio or home monitor. There is nothing too flashy about them, more so they are quite utilitarian in the looks department but one thing you do notice right away is they look classy. Impedance is a low 40 ohms meaning these are not hard to drive. They will work fine with lower-powered devices like laptops and smartphones.

Shure SRH440A – Sound

Highs on the 440 are most likely the weak spot for me as they don't have the same level of sparkle that I am used to on some of my other headphones such as the Brainwavz HM5 studio monitors. Again they are good just not inspiring and are slightly lagging behind the mids and bass.

Looking past aesthetics, there are other notable elements and improvements. The first thing that caught my eye was the removal of the exposed wires that were present on the original. While often not a huge issue, it is one less failure point to worry about. The padded headband and ear cups of the SRH440 provide comfort suitable for hours of uninterrupted use._ It’s an extremely different sonic soundscape to that of the recently reviewed Austrian Audio Hi-X15, for example. Those take a far more ruthless approach with trip-hammer treble and a more dynamic delivery, while the new Shure ‘phones offer a smoother, more relaxed sound. Shure SRH840A

Cookies

Simply inferior to its younger brother TH02. Very dull and muddy presentation. The model uses the same ear cups as TH02 but contains different drive units. The driver may have better components but execution must be bad. Not worth the asking price. This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy. Without doubt, these are the best of the bunch. Perceived dynamic range is unbelievably wide. These are in a different league in terms of clarity as well---perhaps, the KNS 6400 is close but also with weaknesses (see above). Treble is sometimes a little on the bright side, but not as bright as the KNS6400's. Some people may find them bright with bright recordings, but the headphones should not be blamed for that. These produce very neutral and accurate sound. Bass is sufficient and often pleasantly strong in the mid- and upper bass regions, but deeper bass is not covered by these cans. Most music recordings do not contain this deep bass, anyway.

Nonostante gli svariati problemi che ho avuto con il filo e l'attacco dello stesso alle cuffie(probabilmente dovuti ad uno stress troppo intenso a causa del peso del filo ed un uso non proprio in linea con l'obiettivo principale di questo genere di cuffie) le cuffie sono ottime, comode e nonostante un uso intenso i padiglioni sono ancora perfetti e lo stesso vale per l'archetto.

Technology and specifications of the Shure SRH440A

The overall sound is very good for the purpose of a monitor but if you want something a bit more fun, engaging, or intimate you had best look elsewhere. Shure SRH-440 HEADPHONES -CONCLUSION The Shure SRH440A Professional Studio Headphones from Shure provide exceptional sound reproduction and comfort. Optimized for home and studio recording, shure srh440 headphones reproduce accurate audio across an extended range. Impedance, power handling and sensitivity are all calibrated for professional audio devices such as DJ mixers, mixing consoles, and headphone amplifier. Includes carrying bag and threaded 1/4" (6.3mm) gold plated adapter. Also included is a Shure branded leather style carrying pouch which is a nice addition although it doesn't really provide much in the way of protection to your headphones on the go. Shure SRH-440 HEADPHONES -Looks and Build Quality - (8/10)

Common to both sets is the broad mid-range performance, expressing excellent vocal intelligibility and fine treble detail. This presentation is unforced though so, rather than pushing out a torrent of explicit in-your-face treble detail, they produce a hear-through quality, inviting you to look deep within your mix.

Key Features

Build quality, as is again common with Shure, is excellent. The headphones are mainly constructed from plastic but it is of very high quality. Overall the headphones have a very sturdy feel to them and you get the impression they can take years of daily abuse just as a studio monitor should.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment