276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Compeed 5 Mixed Size Blister Plasters

£2.295£4.59Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Blister plasters turning white indicates that they have absorbed excess fluid which aids healing. Should I pop my blister before putting on the COMPEED ® patch?

Avoid These 3 Mistakes Using Hydrocolloid Blister Dressings 1) Hydrocolloid Blister Dressings Are Not For Blister Prevention I'm going to get straight to the point here. Please, do not use hydrocolloid blister dressings (like Compeed) on blisters with an intact or torn roof! If you do, it may rip the skin of the blister roof off upon removal. As a result, you'll have made your blister worse, instead of better. Hydrocolloid dressings should only be used on deroofed blisters, like the ones pictured below. A deroofed blisters is one where the roof has been completely removed, leaving a red raw sore. Let's start at an unlikely beginning - when you remove your plaster. Hydrocolloid Blister Plaster Usage FAQ Q1: How do I take my plaster off?If your blister doesn't have a roof, you will likely have noticed a red, weeping sore beneath the skin. These can be painful and are at risk of infection, so it's important to apply a protective dressing. Once you have cleaned your wound and the surrounding area, you can apply a blister plaster to this type of wound to act as an artificial blister roof and encourage your skin to heal in a protected environment.

I see the latter at the 6-day ultramarathon races I attend. Runners get a deroofed blister and put a hydrocolloid blister plaster on it, thinking that's all they need to do, and keep running. If it was the end of the race, it would be perfectly fine. But the repetitive pounding continues and they've done nothing to reduce friction levels, pressure or the movement of the bones. In these situations, it’s better to use island dressings, changing them frequently (2-4 times per day), until the blister starts to weep less. At this point, you can speed healing up and benefit from the way hydrocolloids work. Q7: Where can I buy BlisterPod Hydrocolloid Blister Plasters? Cold sore: when a cold sore flare-up occurs, Compeed ® Cold Sore Patch can be applied from the first sign of symptoms (tingling) to facilitate healing. Blisters are fluid filled lesions that develop in response to repeated friction on the skin. Open blisters can be very painful and take several days to heal. What causes blisters? A: When you remove your hydrocolloid blister plaster and your blister hasn't healed yet, your blister will look gooey. And it will smell. This is completely normal. It’s simply the combination of hydrocolloid particles and your wound fluids. This combination is what helps your skin heal optimally. Just wipe the goo off with a cotton bud or gauze (preferably sterile of course), apply a bit of antiseptic (eg: povidone iodine or Betadine) and put a new plaster on once the surrounding skin is dry. Q3: How will I know if my blister really is infected?

Top 5 Blister Plasters

Conversely, if your deroofed blister is dry and on its way to healing already, if it's dry or got a scab over it, a hydrocolloid should not be used. The wound must be somewhat weepy for a hydrocolloid dressing to be an option. If it's dry already, use an island dressing simply for protection. A: Grab one end and pull it parallel with the skin surface - like it’s an elastic band and you’re trying to stretch it out as long as it can get. Blisters can take several days to heal. Treatments focus on protecting the blister from further friction. Apply a COMPEED ® plaster to prevent further blistering and provide instant pain relief. How to prevent blisters? A: Our hydrocolloid plasters are only available from our online store. We ship daily worldwide from USA and Australia. More Tips On Using Hydrocolloid Blister Plasters

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment