276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap 92 g

£4.165£8.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Freshly made pine tar soap has a very strong scent that’s noticeable when entering the area it’s curing in, so essential oils aren’t able to really mask it, but they can complement it and make it more pleasing to someone who doesn’t care for the original scent. This pine tar soap is not that different in what it does than the famous coal-tar soap that used to be on the market in it's original form ( that actual brand of soap no longer contains coal-tar these days ). As the pine tar gets warm, it loses a little of its viscosity and becomes easy to pour, measure, and work with.

Occlusion, the process of covering an applied topical medication with plastic wrap, cellophane, or other covering, is sometimes used to increase a product’s effectiveness. Wearing your safety gear (sorry-not-sorry), pour the lye water into the lightly heated oils and stir (using a silicon or wooden spoon that you only use for making soap) until you've got a nicely thickened soap batter. However, clinical tests in Australia in 2017 demonstrated that the greatest risk comes from acute sensitivity for those with severe dermatological conditions, and if it comes in contact with the eyes. I choose not to use palm for sustainability reasons, so you won’t find palm oil in any of my recipes. Do you let the lye cool completely and don’t heat the oils except to mix and then let them cool back down again?

Dioxane is a byproduct of the following chemicals, which are used to offset the harshness of other ingredients: PEG, polyethylene, polyethylene glycol, polyoxyethylene, polyethoxyethylene or polyoxynolethylene. Not only is it highly effective, it smells good, and honestly, I like the natural caramel brown color of it. The scent makes the soap seem like more of a men’s soap, but it can be used by both men and women alike. During an era of innovation, this family recipe was proclaimed for its restorative and cleansing benefits. Granted, with no central air – room temperature in my kitchen is around 80 degrees F, so you don’t want the lye water *too* cold.

Looking at Grandpa’s brand – their site says it’s made from “pinus palustris wood tar”– which is a long leaf pine. As Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap continued to earn praise and popularity, more specialty soaps were crafted for different purposes. You don’t want to remove it until it passes through this phase, as this stage shows total saponification of the oils.

If pine tar is made in an open kiln, the smoke and little fragments of unburned wood can come in contact with the tar and result in the creation of creosote, a known carcinogen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment