276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Fairview 40 Women's Outdoor and Travel Backpack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are internal and external compression straps on theFarpoint. The internal straps are for squashing your luggage down and holding it in place. I have to be honest and say, I never actually use these. I tied mine up the first time I used the bag and haven’t touched them since. My girlfriend, however, used the ones in her Fairview all the time and wouldn’t stop raving about them.

Osprey has a great reputation, and a big reason for that is their Almighty Guarantee. This is their term for a lifetime warranty. Are you still with me? Good. I’m at the point in this Osprey Fairview review where I’ll discuss money. They are also passionate about making trekking and traveling accessible for pretty much everyone, so they have an incredible amount of sizes and styles. Initially, I thought it would be too large for a long weekend. What I’m really enjoying about the bag, though, is how well it compresses down. Even if I don’t need to fully load it, it still keeps everything organized and doesn’t feel too large.

As we’ve already mentioned, at 54cm x 35cm x 23cm the Osprey Farpoint 40 fits within the carry on luggage specifications for most airlines. This is great if you don’t trust airlines with your stuff, or if you just don’t want to mess about at the luggage carousel after every flight.

If you don’t travel with a laptop or tablet, see my notes in the downsides section below. Little Features Worth Noting The harness held up to long days of walking and the balance and suspension were excellent, even on steep, uneven or cobbled streets. (I’m looking at you, Bruges.) We were caught in a bad downpour in Brussels and never had any water leakage. The placement is also a bitawkward. Once your laptop is in the sleeve, it prevents the bag from bulging as much as usual. This causes you to lose a small amount of valuable space.

Backpacks & Suitcases

Before we get into the nitty-gritty here of this Osprey Farpoint 40 review, let’s clear one thing up. The Osprey Farpoint and Fairview are the same bag, where they differ is in the layout and size of the straps. I haven’t had any trouble with size on this bag in the US, Europe, or the UK, and I’ve yet to find an overhead bin it can’t squeeze inside. It even fit in the tester bins at the airport. When I asked my wife if she had anything to contribute to the review, I received this text: “It’s just the right size for two weeks. Boom. Review done.” Carry-on compatible: Standards vary, but after talking to friends I decided I wanted something under 22 inches and preferably closer to 20. The sternum strap keeps the shoulder straps in place and the load lifters help keep the top of the bag nicely in line with your body.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment