276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Letter Away From Asaba: A Novella

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Both characters were bold, courageous, and brilliantly written; they accomplished much more than individuals at their (fictional) time were able to.

This story was so carefully crafted and I was so emotionally invested in the wellbeing and relationships of these characters. Claudia Efemini is an author and current History and Politics student at the University of Edinburgh. A Letter Away From Asaba is an amazing book, one that is able to transport the reader back in time so well, but also easy to read and understand in the modern day. A Letter Away From Asaba' is an account of the Asaba massacre during the Nigerian Civil War woven into a fictional narrative. Very excited to be attending Dr Velma McClymont's book launch on Friday 21st April 6-8pm at The University of Edinburgh.If you are interested, please do give it a follow to get an insight into the entire publication process and join me on my journey to publication. Onome is an international student from Nigeria studying law at King’s College London whilst Chioma lives in Asaba, Nigeria. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. A Letter Away From Asaba , an epistolary novella, is a historical fictional narrative centred on the Asaba massacre of the Nigerian Civil War.

This is far from easy, and they await a series of hurdles in ways they least expect that, in contrast, try to ensure that the victims of the massacre die in vain. A letter Away from Asaba is an emotional and intimate account of the Asaba massacre that occurred in 1967, Nigeria.Claudia Efemini has created something that everyone should read, if only to learn a pivotal part in Nigerian history. Learning about the Nigerian Civil War and Asaba in particular through these two women was enlightening and truly educational.

Claudia’s writing is moving and deeply informed, shedding light on one of Nigeria’s greatest tragedies. I would have liked some more background about their relationship together and how they have grown - we get to know them when they are adults and see that relationship go through ups and downs, which is great. Thank you Retrospect Journal HCA for recognising the importance of this book and announcing it on your platform. With her recently published historical fiction novel, A Letter Away From Asaba, The Edinburgh Tab had the pleasure of interviewing her about her book, inspiration, and writing process.So thrilled to have had my official book launch celebrating the release of my debut novel ‘A Letter Away From Asaba’.

It is one of the more interesting words in the English language, in that its connotative meaning can be either very negative or very positive. I am also honoured to have been granted the opportunity by Dr Velma McClymont herself to talk very briefly about myself as an author and ‘A Letter Away From Asaba’.Efemini thoughtfully uses diary entries and letters to create a lucid and intimate account of Asaba's censored micro history. A Letter Away from Asaba is an epistolary novella that speaks on history, that has effected so many, through letters sent by our main protagonists Chioma and Onome. Since its official publication on 20th March it has been a pleasure to receive such a positive reception reflected by amazing reviews. A massive thank you to Deborah Alhassan for organising the book launch and Paula Melissa Ugochukwu for hosting it. Claudia Efemini is the author of A Letter Away From Asaba, a historical fiction on the censorship of the Asaba massacre during the Nigerian Civil War.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment