276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OTTY Original UK Double Luxury Hybrid Mattress - Up to 2000 16cm Pocket Springs, Heat Regulating Air Flow System, Washable Cover - 25cm Thickness, Medium-Firm Support - Bed In A Box - 100 Night Trial

£323.7£647.40Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Firmer mattresses are suitable for side sleepers because they don’t sink as much. If you are a side-sleeper then definitely consider the OTTY. While the mattress can be placed on any standard base – including divans, platform beds and adjustable beds – or even the floor, Otty recommends using a slatted frame as it allows the air to circulate most effectively. And, to get the best from your mattress, you’ll also need to rotate it once a month for the first year, and once every three months from then on. For the Hybrid mattress, there are 4 layers if you exclude the fabric outer skin (I will cover this later). The layers are:

When you’re comparing the best mattress brands, there comes a point where they all start to blur into one. If you’re not careful then you start to lose the will to live! I have hand-reviewed all the biggest mattress-in-a-box brands in the UK — so that you don’t have to; below I review the newest contender to the market – OTTY.But for the most part this won’t affect most people, because nowadays the recommended period to keep your mattress is only 8 years. So if it fails after 10 years you probably won’t know about it, as it’ll already have been recycled. That’s the theory anyway. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the firmest, Otty advertises the Pure Hybrid as being a 6.5, medium-firm mattress, slightly softer than their standard Otty Hybrid. It’s worth noting that firmness is highly subjective and the same mattress can feel noticeably different depending on both your weight and the type of bed frame you use. The Original Hybrid’s side support is impressive too, and I found the sides retained their shape well when I lay close to the edges, or sat on them to get in and out of bed. As said above, I am focussing on the Hybrid mattress here mostly. But let’s not forget that, like many other brands nowadays, OTTY also offer a few other mattresses in their range:

So instead I am using my own “firmness scale” which isn’t as scientific as it sounds; on the scale, the OTTY (with 10 being very firm), I would say that the OTTY mattress is a 6.8. That means that it is ideal for those who like their mattress to be slightly firmer than the “average” mattress. The reason for that is likely because their mattresses appear to be made in China. I couldn’t find much more information on this, apart from this article, but given that most products are made in China now, I don’t see why it’d be any lower-quality than other brands. You may have concerns with buying anything from China – so if that’s you, then maybe look at another brand. If you’re able to spend a bit more, and want a Hybrid mattress made in Britain (aside from Simba), then read my full, unbiased Brook + Wilde review here. Otty suggests waiting a minimum of four hours before sleeping on the new mattress as this is how long it takes for it to reach a usable depth once unrolled. To give it enough time to reach its full 25cm depth, I left it for 48 hours before giving it a try. But if you do need to sleep on it sooner, four hours should be enough for it to take shape. Firmer mattress are NOT so good for front sleepers, as they don’t have the full softness that means your body won’t sink into the mattress as much – causing some possible aches and pains. If you are a front sleeper then consider other brands.Otty have a 100 night free trial, this is similar to Emma mattress and a lot of other brands, although Nectar offer a 365 night trial now. 100 nights should be enough to gauge if the mattress is right for you. OTTY Sleep Ltd are a UK-based company that sell a small range of different mattresses – some are memory foam, some are ‘hybrid’ mattress and some even boast charcoal layers. For the most part, the “ OTTY Hybrid” is their best-selling model, so this is what I am focusing on mostly in my review here. Finally, for extra peace of mind, the foam is CertiPur and Europur approved – which means that both the quality and toxicity of the foam pass the highest standards set by the governing body – and all Otty products are compliant with the UK’s fire regulations. Top layer: A 3cm Cool Blue Gel memory foam layer which is designed by OTTY and keeps the mattress in the right temperature during sleep.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment