276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wilson Men's STAFF MODEL URETHANE Golfball

£1.58£3.16Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Generally, lower handicappers are looking for a ball that spins more so they can get more control around the greens. In this case, getting a ball with a urethane cover is really important as it will give you the most spin and control.

Since those humble beginnings, our endeavour has blossomed into a robust and trusted online retailer, representing the leading brands in the golf industry. We take immense pride in being your go-to destination for all things golf! Staff Model is a true Tour-caliber, 4-piece urethane golf ball that delivers unmatched precision, speed and consistency. Since uneven paint can adversely affect performance, Staff Model is painted using a finely controlled application process that ensures every urethane ball leaves the factory with a nearly flawless finish. This means you can trust that Staff Model will always go where you need it to go. This is pure precision. Not only that, but because it spins much less it will also allow average golfers to find more fairways as it won't deviate as much with side spin from hooks or slices. So basically, it’s straighter and longer, but only if you aren’t a highly accomplished player. An avid player, Chris currently maintains a handicap index of 2.4 and has a career-low round of 66, which he has shot on three occasions. He lives about 20 miles north of Atlanta in Roswell, Georgia, with his wife, Stacey, and is a member at Atlanta National Golf Club.

Wishlist

Introducing two new 4-piece, tour-caliber golf balls from Wilson Golf. The new Staff Model balls have been designed to deliver the ultimate in speed and spin with a focused approach to paint that delivers unmatched precision and consistency. It’s only with short iron approach shots where this ball’s shortcomings are noticeable, and even then it won’t be too obvious for most players. When you’re hitting an 8 or 9 iron into a green you would ideally want a little bit more feel and spin than you get from the DUO, but all things considered this is a great golf ball. I loved it off my driver where I was getting some of my most impressive numbers of good strikes, and a very penetrating low spinning flight

As its name might suggest, the Wilson Duo Soft+ is the softest golf ball in the current Wilson range. In fact, its compression rating of 35 is among the lowest of any golf ball that’s been manufactured in recent years. The Duo Soft+ features a two-piece construction and a surlyn cover. That said, while surlyn is significantly less responsive than urethane, which is also far more expensive, the Duo Soft+ provides better greenside control than what players might normally expect from a two-piece ball. I have to say that when I moved away from the putting green to hit some pitches that I found the Wilson very agreeable. As you can see apart from one obvious mishit my ball speeds and carry numbers were really consistent. I am not convinced in a blind pitching test that I would have been able to tell the difference between the Wilson and more premium models on test.

The Staff Model is a 4-piece urethane golf ball with true Tour-caliber precision, speed, and consistency. Because uneven paint can harm performance, Staff Model is painted with a highly regulated application technique that assures each urethane ball has a near-flawless finish when it leaves the manufacturer. This means you can always rely on the Staff Model to take you where you want to go. This is a masterpiece of perfection. The Wilson Staff Model is one of the best premium golf balls on the market and a ball that is being played on professional tours around the world. The Staff Model features a four-piece construction and soft urethane cover - a combination that delivers exceptional distance off the tee while providing players with maximum control and exceptional feel from 100 yards out.

Spin & Control With 4 Layers More Layers -Increased spin. Better command. Off the tee, unrivalled distance and shot shaping. On the fairways, it's possible to work like a pro. Stability on approach approaches is predictable, and control around the green is superb.

All in all I think this ball is as good as anything else out there and if it performs for me with wedges like it did for me today it will be a serious contender for my 2021 gamer. Wilson market this ball as having “tour level distance optimised by a low-spinning trajectory off the tee” as well as "maximum greenside spin that delivers unparalleled stopping power". For Staff Model, Wilson implemented a finely controlled paint application process. The result is a more uniform coat of paint that translates to more consistent performance and supreme shot-making confidence.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment