276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Art of Electronics - third Edition

£37.495£74.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would personally say that this is not a complete beginners book, because there's a lot of information. Having documented my attempts at this in these very pages, I can really appreciate the care and detail that went into the treatment of this subject in the x-Chapters.

Again, there’s a smattering of application examples featuring FETs, including driving a piezo transducer, generating fast pulses for LEDs, quickly quenching high-energy magnetic field coils, and generating fast 1.

Oh, I’m more of a hands-on guy, the idea of waiting 2 years to “get started” would have drove me up a wall. I started with the second edition and it was very well worn when I purchased a copy of the third, an upgrade I would recommend to anyone still on the fence. If you’re using a textbook for a class, having the international edition is a pain if it’s different – but if it’s just for personal study, it’s no problem. An encyclopedia of electronics knowledge, [The Art of Electronics] is a pleasure to read through for tips and tricks and is an unbeatable resource!

This is a tremendous idea for a book like this, which contains all sorts of information you may not find in datasheets.I still have my copy from the early 80s, and it is particularly well suited to younger aspiring EEs, but it also is a good intro into electronics for full grown newbie makers. The 2001 pressing of the second edition ( ISBN 0521370957) lists "Reprinted 1990 (twice), 1991, 1993, 1994 (twice), 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 (twice), 1999, 2001".

How to get up to speed with anything new that might have appeared - after all it's been the best part of 40 years. For electronic engineering students, [this book] … will help you develop the intuitive understanding, which will make it easier to put the maths in context, and it will be invaluable when you do practical work for design projects.Any fan of the book will certainly want to consider obtaining the latest release, The Art of Electronics: The x-Chapters, which follows the previous third edition of AoE from 2015. Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. The style of the book is that of an experienced engineer telling you all they know and emphasising what is important - rather than an academic / technical lecturer. There is a teardown and bench comparison of genuine and counterfeit iPhone chargers, and a good section on making temperature measurements on power circuits — from the usual finger probe to thermal cameras. I really like the fact that 'modern' components are referenced throughout the example circuits/theory descriptions, making the whole learning experience seem much more grounded in reality.

This new book features expanded coverage of topics from the previous editions, plus discussions of some interesting but rarely traveled areas of electrical engineering. Likewise, there are discussions of real-world resistors of various types, including digital potentiometers. However, for those interested in 1960s-1980s vintage analog synthesizers, this turns out to be a plus. Currently he is the Director of Electronics Engineering at the Rowland Institute for Science where he has designed some 250 electronic instruments.Generally if I’m doing something at the level of transistors and diodes I always feel like I could be doing a much better product by using ICs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment