276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Outer Banks: Lights Out: Alyssa Sheinmel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Netflix has been doing this more often with some of its big original shows. We’ve seen several Stranger Things companion novels and comic books, and it seems to work well establishing the world and giving fans more than what we see from the characters on Netflix. We’ve organized this section by author. Although some of the authors only have one book about the Outer Banks, for many writers there are a number of titles available. So, is there an Outer Banks book? Not yet, but we have some pretty good news on that front to share with fans of the Netflix original series.

An original YA novel based on the hit Netflix series, Outer Banks, written by New York Times bestselling author Alyssa Sheinmel, featuring JJ and John B in a brand-new, high-octane adventure

More to Discover!

Okay, so suspend disbelief of Alan, the hapless husband. Now the four aged cronies are gathered together and all they do is drink and reminiscence, while the enigmatic Fig watches and waits with catlike anticipation. The similarities to C. S. Lakin's Innocent Little Crimes begin to arise as the memories become more pointed, jabbing and setting off one friend against the other. The climax comes when Paul, who was supposed to be staying elsewhere, arrives at the eve of the storm. Literally the gloves come off and once again, four women fight their feelings at his presence.

The supporting characters (Ginger, Fig, Cecie, and Paul) are also spot on. These are not your run of the mill, prefabricated college characters.The first Union victories were achieved at Hatteras and Ocracoke and the pressure that was exerted by Union forces in northeastern North Carolina kept Southern forces from being deployed elsewhere. With over 400 years of history from the first attempt at a British colony in 1584 until today, the Outer Banks has a lot to write about. There is so much to write about that we can only scratch the service with some of our recommendations. There are some intriguing themes around family/found family, friendship, parental relationships, blurry lines between good and bad, the complexity of people, and socioeconomic differences. The friendships and character development in the story really made this into a strong story with characters I wanted to follow more. The romance was an interesting touch, highlighting some of the disparities and the blurry lines in decision-making. While fans of the show may be disappointed by the relatively small roles of Kiara and Pope, but I did think it made the story-telling stronger to focus on JJ and John B, exploring their lives and bond. I think this is the second Anne Rivers Siddons book I ever bought and read (on the strength of how much I enjoyed "Hill Towns"). Many years later I am belatedly revising it and enjoying it afresh.

Final verdict: A riveting and compelling new story, OUTER BANKS: LIGHTS OUT combines charming characters with a fun suspense plot to deliver a unique plot with thought-provoking themes. Highly recommend for anyone who enjoys a good suspense read with strong character development, regardless of whether they are already fans of the show or not!Belly is in for an unforgettable summer, just like John B and the rest of the Pogues in Outer Banks. One of my favorite things about OBX is the budding love triangle between Kiara, JJ, and Pope that we can only hope to see more of in season 3. So why not read about an epic love triangle between Belly and brothers. Jeremiah and Conrad in The Summer I Turned Pretty. The majority of the novel's action occurred during their college years in the 60's in Alabama. I was taken in by the girls' relationships and the ways their friendships ebbed and flowed. I won’t lie and say I didn’t swoon when John B professed to Sarah Cameron in the rain that they have something real after spending one day together. Well, in Today Tonight Tomorrow, rivals work together in a senior class game that takes them all around Seattle over the course of one night. By the end they’ll discover that they might actually be perfect for each other and in the immortal words of John B “That’s like Big Foot evidence rare!”

Theo and John B have quite a lot in common. Like having treasure-hunting fathers who have gone missing, bad guys chasing them, and not knowing whom to trust. Granted Theo is living in 1937 Europe and not 2020 North Carolina but trust me, this is definitely worth the read if you’re a fan of OBX. Turns out they aren’t the only adventure-seekers at sea. Soon after they set sail, the friends run into the captivating Savannah, who hitches a ride aboard the HMS Pogue when the weather worsens and her boyfriend leaves her stranded. As a violent storm sets in, the three realize the only place to safely ride out the squall is a creepy, abandoned hotel on the shoals’ lighthouse platform. Or is it abandoned? It doesn’t take long for the three teens to realize they may not be alone. . . .I loved this book better than Peachtree Road up to 98%. The story theme was about false appearances, people acting on the surface in civilized and splendid fakery, like the elegant dancing of 18th century Baroque minuets. The setting is four middle-aged sorority girls and a reunion at a grand house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We have Kate Stuart Lee, neither a Lee of Virginia nor offspring of General Stuart. Her boyfriend Paul Sibley, a prostitute's son whose mother took the last name of a construction company her brother worked for, who dumped her to marry the rich Ginger Fowler. Then there's Cece Hart, a girl we never really got to know, and the dumpling Fig Newton who was made fun of and grudgingly accepted. Kate, Cecie, Ginger and Fig were sorority sisters in the 60's. Thirty years later, the group gathers again for a week at Ginger's place at Nag's Head to get caught up and reminisce about old times. All is not as it seems... Anne Rivers Siddons has a gift for story-telling. Her use of language is unsurpassed in this era in which just about anyone can write a novel and get it published. Her stories have the ring of truth. You believe they could have actually taken place.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment