276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story Collection

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Junji Ito meets Mary Shelley! The master of horror manga bends all his skill into bringing the anguished and solitary monster—and the fouler beast who created him—to life with the brilliantly detailed chiaroscuro he is known for.

Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story Collection by Junji Ito | Goodreads Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story Collection by Junji Ito | Goodreads

This year's October read. I'm not familiar with Junji Ito's work other than being familiar with his status and reputation as a horror manga artist and a passing familiarity with his visual style. In this story, children have begun falling victim to early onset "doll's disease" which causes them to slowly turn into doll-like structures incapable of movement or speech. When a young girl named Maria falls victim to the disease, her parents try to console themselves with the thought that she will always look like a beautiful doll, and can remain with them forever. They cannot understand why the parents of other victims of the disease throw their children away. However, when Maria continues to grotesquely decay and mutate, including growing tentacles and hideously elongated limbs, her parents are forced to finally lay her to rest. Junji Ito, as J-kun, has recently built a new house and has invited his fiancée, A-ko, to live with him. Little did he know, his blushing bride-to-be has some unexpected company in tow—Yon, a ghastly-looking family cat, and Mu, an adorable Norwegian forest cat. Despite being a dog person, J-kun finds himself persuaded by their odd cuteness and thus begins his comedic struggle to gain the affection of his new feline friends. Mitsuishi, Tomijiro (February 11, 2000), Tomie: Replay (Horror), archived from the original on July 29, 2015 , retrieved October 5, 2022This interpretation, though not off the rails, portrayed Frankenstein’s monster as more menacing and brute which in my opinion was captured well and made sense as it made more impact in graphic format. Personally, I prefer the original one when it came to the monster's character, because the way it was written was such that it was vague whether the monster was a little repentent or he was just cunning, whereas it was clear cut in this graphic format that he was evil through and through. Collects: Blood-Bubble Bushes, Unendurable Labyrinth, The Reanimator's Sword, The Will, The Bridge, The Devil's Logic, and The Conversation Room Uzumakiis Junji Ito’s most famous work. Sinister spirals have begun to appear everywhere in a small town. These spirals drive strange obsessions to the point that it ruins their life. Other instances show spiral-themed horrors, which incorporate a variety of terrifying and creative body contortions. I loved Ito's view of Frankenstein's story, and the art has breathed some new prespective into Mary Shelly's classic. However, some alterations on the story I felt were not the best, even though I can relate to the reason behind them. Its definitely a good read for fans of the original, and for fans of Junji Ito's style of horror and art, though definitely not where you should start your Junji Ito journey, as it doesn't display his true original work and mindset.

Frankenstein by Junji Ito | Goodreads

This book contains an adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and a number of short stories. These include: Collects: The Supernatural Transfer Student, Groaning Drain Pipes, Blood-Bubble Bushes, Flesh-Colored Horror, Near Miss!, and In The Soil Milligan, Mercedes (September 2, 2019). "Adult Swim Teams with Production I.G for Junji Ito Adaptation 'Uzumaki' ". Animation Magazine. Archived from the original on December 15, 2019 . Retrieved November 4, 2019. Collects: Assassins, Hair, Adopted Daughter, Little Finger, Boy, Moromi, Babysitter, Gathering, Passing Demon, Top Model, and Old and Ugly The story is the same, because why would you change it? But we have these amazing pictures to go along with it. The story is a much faster and simpler read this way, but also extra exciting because of the pictures. As always the artwork from Junji Ito is stunning.

Leave a comment

This is a short story collection which revolves around a pair of siblings who cause chaos everywhere they go. I never really cared to read this one previously. I’ve read Frankenstein, and I’m about hearing new stories, new concepts, etc. Oikawa, Ataru (April 16, 2005), Tomie: Revenge (Horror), Arcimboldo Y.K., Art Port, archived from the original on October 7, 2022 , retrieved October 7, 2022 This is a horror/sci-fi story about a giant planet-consuming creature from another dimension that a scientist discovers and mistakenly identifies as a planet. Being given the honor to name it as its discoverer, the professor chooses to name it after his only daughter, Remina, but when Hellstar Remina is headed on a direct collision course with Earth, the world goes insane and all the people in the city start a witch hunt to kill Remina, thinking she is somehow to blame. Streaming platform Netflix announced a new anime project based on titles by horror manga creator Junji Itou on Wednesday, scheduled for a 2023 debut. The anime serie... read more

Frankenstein another read and I discovered a new I gave Frankenstein another read and I discovered a new

Collects: Fun Summer Vacation, Fun Winter Vacation, Souichi's Diary of Delights, Souichi's Home Tutor, Mannequin Teacher, and Souichi's BirthdayTales of the Bizarre: 2015 Spring Special - The Earthbound (世にも奇妙な物語 スペシャル・春 - 地縛者), 2015 [52] – (adapted from The Earthbound)

VIZ | Read a Free Preview of Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story

Although Goodreads has this as just Frankenstein by Junji Ito, this is actually volume 16 of his Horror Comic Collection. It's also the first tale I've ever seen where Ito has adapted a European/Western horror tale instead of the usual eastern folklore. It's a relatively faithful adaptation of the Mary Shelley novel instead of the classic Universal monster film. It is however a little on the short side when compared to Shelley's novel, and many of the rich details of her book are left out in this adaptation. That being said, all of the key players are in tact, the setting is accurate both in time and place, and Frankenstein's monster is as complex and tortured as his novel counterpart. volume collection of Junji Ito's Short Stories. Includes all the short stories in the Museum of Terror Collection as well as some newer stories. These are the volumes upon which Viz Media bases their English releases ( Junji Ito Story Collections). Psychological horror is also prevalent throughout his work. Characters will often be tormented by supernatural forces or driven mad by a compulsion. Ito will amplify these scenarios through his method of illustrating eyes, often up close and with extreme intensity.The extra part on Oshikiri was decent, but not as memorable as the stories in his Shiver collection, they seem to be ok for big fans of Ito but not must reads for sure. Tomiewas Junji Ito’s first major work, originally published in Japan between 1987 and 2000. In 1989, he won the Kazuo Umezu Prize.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment