276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shibuya Goldfish, Vol. 1

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Loveridge, Lynzee (July 22, 2019). "Best and Worst Manga of 2019 Results - Comic-Con International". Anime News Network . Retrieved August 28, 2021. This is a tangent, so read it if you want. I wish that more mangaka would try their hand at traditional horror. Of course I love psychological horror, but some of that logic and intrigue is always lost in translation. Other than Berzerk I can't remember any truly hair-raising horror manga. So when I saw this mangaka's art I was equally impressed and insenced that he's using his potential on a shitpoast of a manga. I'll be honest, I don't know exactly how I feel about this one. I waffled between giving it 3 or 4 stars for quiet awhile but finally decided on 4 because it truly is a rather unique and strange tale.

The series is written and illustrated by Hiroumi Aoi, and began serialization in Gangan Joker on September 21, 2016. [2] In November 2019, it was revealed the series would enter its final arc after a one-month break. [3] The series ended in Gangan Joker on April 22, 2021. [4] The series individual chapters were collected into eleven tankōbon volumes. [5] This might annoy some hard core horror manga fans, but in some ways I enjoyed it more than Gyo. The story of Gyo is better, but when it comes to art and characters I liked this one a lot more. I think it might be because it is more modern and it is more of what I am personally used to. Modern manga stories tend to be more character driven, and this series even had a typical over the top manga badass character in it. Gyo had a great story but a lot of it was following around a normal couple watching them scream at everything. It works because it is more realistic but this is manga, sometimes you expect some silliness. Je remercie les éditions Pika pour cette lecture. J’étais vraiment très impatiente de recevoir les deux premiers tomes de cette saga, car le résumé me tentait beaucoup ! Je ne suis pas très horreur, mais en manga, cela me gêne moins, vu que c’est en noir et blanc ! 😉Nov 24 Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space Releases an Update Featuring a New Episode 'The Cliffs of Wyrmrest (Wryz Saga I)' on November 24

Imagine, you are a nerdy high school student hanging out in the hip part of town. You're feeling isolated and alone when suddenly the cutest most popular student at school finally looks your way. But before you can enjoy this turn of events, GIANT FLYING GOLDFISH shouting mundane things like "Good Morning!" or "I lost my umbrella" start consuming people in the the most gruesome way possible. Equal parts terrifying and absurd, Shibuya Goldfish is a horror you have definitely not encountered before. a b Dacey, Katherine (August 3, 2018). "Shibuya Goldfish, Vol. 1". The Manga Critic . Retrieved August 28, 2021.

Discussions

There's a quote at the beginning of this about how life is a horror in the short term, but a comedy in the long run. As I result, I expected this to be a horror comedy, since this is a book with a real silly premise (giant goldfish eating people). Instead what I got was a pretty bland zombie apocalypse story without zombies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment