276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kindle Paperwhite Kids | Includes over a thousand books, a child-friendly cover and a 2-year worry-free guarantee, Emerald Forest | 8GB

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would give her my 4th Gen Paperwhite and use the 5th Gen because I have been waiting for a larger screen. There aren’t as many sub-models as before, and it looks like they’re not going to offer a cellular model with the Paperwhite anymore. I also love how easy it is to remove the magnetic case if I want to just have a really light device in hand. Is the fact that this is happening at the same time that the new Paperwhites are released a coincidence?

Kindle Kids (2022 release) | Includes a cover, access to over Kindle Kids (2022 release) | Includes a cover, access to over

Upgraded 2-year warranty that even covers accidental breakages, unlike the standard 1-year Kindle warranty. I have heard some people say they have been fine using other wireless chargers, but you will need to place the kindle very carefully to have it in the right place. The more rectangular design of the Paperwhite prioritizes the screen instead of page turn buttons and space to hold the device one-handed. The ability to shift the warmth of the light from a colder blue to a warmer yellow is nice, but fundamentally, these are minor differences.

Surprisingly, the kindle software built into this kindle is significantly worse than the android kindle app. You can talk about tethering all you want, but then why wouldn’t I just use my phone or tablet instead? And as much as I would love the warm frontlight, if I have to replace it, I’ll take advantage of the clearance sale instead of the new model. Which means I cannot position screen to put that neffy on/off button on top so it does not constantly accidently get pressed. The offset weight of the Oasis design made the Oasis more balanced for one-handed use, but the curved edges of the new Paperwhite are more comfortable.

Kindle Paperwhite Kids | First waterproof Kindle for children

The screen on the Paperwhite is excellent, but not a reason to upgrade if you have any Paperwhite or Oasis that has been sold in the past five years.I have approximately 200 kindle books downloaded right now, approximately two years of reading material for my average reading rate, and I have 3/4 of the 8 GB storage space free.

Kindle Paperwhite Kids (16 GB) – Made for reading - access

The thing that bugged me about my (now departed) Oasis was that it was just large and thick enough to make it non-pocketable for the clothing I could fit the Voyage. I like the warm light and the auto light sensor, which is why I sprang for the Kindle Paperwhite Signature. It looks like even when I lose 2G/3G connectivity, the Voyage will be better for me than any of the current and new models that are cheaper than the Oasis. The Paperwhite is also a fingerprint magnet, although part of that is that it is more grip-able than the Oasis. There’s only one ad-supported version now, and one 32GB version, and a misunderstood kids version that most people will likely ignore.Waterproof and worry-free – Kids can take their Kindle Paperwhite Kids on the go to read by the pool or the beach. I can tell that there is a faster processor, and the common delay when using the keyboard is significantly less. But, again, I don’t see the value in wireless charging on a device that only needs to be charged every week or so, even with extensive use. I keep it in airplane mode all the time unless I am loading books, and although I read a lot, (retired! And even with my preference for page turn buttons, the speed and similar quality of the screen mean that I would recommend the Paperwhite over the Oasis at this point.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment