276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ANYCUBIC Photon Mono 2 Resin 3D Printer with 6.6'' 4K + Monochrome Screen, Upgraded LighTurbo Matrix, Enlarge Print Volume 6.49'' x 5.62'' x 3.5''

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would definitely recommend trying out a range of layer heights so you can see just how different your models come out in terms of detail. Resin 3D printing is known to have much higher precision compared to filament printing. The increased exposure time was to reduce the presence of horizontal lines that were found under a microscope.

You can use both Anycubic and Elegoo’s respective resin or an equivalent third-party alternative with no discernible difference in print quality. Nor do Anycubic and Elegoo prevent the use of third-party materials like we’ve seen others do.

Right out of the box, the Photon Mono 4K comes with an overwhelming plethora of attachments and accessories for the printing beginner. It took a bit to organize, but we were given a user manual, a pair of gloves, a repair tool set, a funnel, a plastic scraper, an LCD screen protector, and an SD-card reader with a test print file included. Since my partner set up our first printer, he was adamant that I set up the Photon Mono 4K on my own. The Photon Mono and Photon Mono 4K look pretty similar side-by-side. The Photon Mono 4K has both high power for fast printing and low power for longer printer life. The resin printer supports 30-100% UV power settings and can be adapted to resin printing with different UV energy requirements to meet your personalised printing needs. Your lifting distance should be high enough that it gives your models clearance to nicely come off the FEP film, and not too high that it unnecessarily increases your printing time significantly. The Photon Mono 4K has a print resolution of 3840 x 2400, 35 µm XY pixels and 7% light transmission, which guarantees highly detailed prints. The printing speed reaches up to 50 mm / h and the curing time of a single layer is only 1.5 seconds.

The heat distribution makes finished resin prints easier to remove without affecting surface finish when scraping them, as well as improving adhesion to the build plate. This reduces errors – we all know the frustration of having a resin model adhere to the resin rather than the build plate causing it to fail. A high-quality anti-scratch film protects the LCD display and prevents resin and other liquids from leaking or the display from becoming dirty. This extends the service life of the LCD display considerably. You’ve probably already garnered this from my previous articles, but I am incredibly clumsy and accident-prone, so to say that I was a little intimidated and terrified with screwing up this machine is a fantastical understatement. With that being said, I threw up my hair and put on my big gamer britches so we could get to work with this beauty. Thankfully, the user manual was straightforward with colored pictures and instructions. I had already watched a Youtube video a week prior to the unit’s arrival in anticipation of its setup but watching someone else set up a piece of equipment and doing it yourself is a whole other beast. I had also already forgotten most of the process. Does this actually matter that much to warrant an entire new device? It does matter because you get more pixels in the same area (as the first Photon printer), so the models should be far more detailed (there is a huge difference between 2K and 4K). And if the price remains roughly the same, then the Anycubic Photon Mono 4K should be a great replacement over the roughly five-year old resin 3D printer.However, you may prefer Anycubic’s software, and adjustable power for special resin printing, in which case go for the Anycubic Photon Mono 4K. Elegoo Mars vs Anycubic Photon – Best Value Having walls that are too thin are at risk of breaking when removing the supports, so I’d recommend going for around the 1.5mm mark. Although there are some 3D printing users that like to go up to 10 bottom layers, 4 to 8 is the ideal count for most of the 3D printers including Photon.

These are genuine lifesavers for novices printing for the first time. But, they leave a bit to be desired in terms of advanced features and overall interface. Anycubic Photon Workshop, the resin slicer used by Anycubic Photon 3D printers. Make sure the room you use your resin printer in is well-ventilated to avoid inhaling fumes. Spilled or dripped resin should be immediately cleaned with 99% isopropyl alcohol. After printing, make sure to wipe down your printer and bottles to remove smudges of uncured resin. Always keep your resin tightly sealed and safely stored out of reach of pets and children. Assembling the Anycubic Photon Mono 2For the Anycubic Photon, I saw ranges between 4 – 10x the normal exposure time for the bottom exposure times, so you can take a rough average of 7x the normal exposure time. Honestly, there is not an ideal value of anti-aliasing when it comes to resin 3D printing. The settings come with different levels such as 2, 4, and 8. You can set any of these anti-aliasing levels for your resin 3D print according to the corners’ aliasing effect. Photon Mono 2 is equipped with a laser-engraved aluminium alloy platform. This features outstanding flatness, which greatly improves model adhesion and therefore printing success rate. The laser-engraved platform prevents the model from falling off or warping.

The connectivity options for our two contenders are identical, with both limited to a lone USB port.The bottom layer count is simply the number of first layers that you will expose UV light on for the set bottom exposure time. These layers ensure strong adhesion to the build plate and help in building a successful 3D model.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment