276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Book 1): Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and The Olympians, 1)

£4.475£8.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm slightly ashamed to say that I watched the movie before I read the book. But I'm even more ashamed that I watched the movie only to experience the hotness that is Logan Lerman.

I read this for my dad & he actually liked it very much. another proof for this story is regardless of age XD (also I was a very good narrator.) Along the way Percy will confront powerful enemies, find out the truth about the lost god Pan, and face the Titan lord Kronos’ most terrible secret. The final war begins… with the Battle of the Labyrinth.I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn’t get in trouble. Boy, was I wrong. See, bad things happen to me on field trips. Like at my fifth-grade school, when we went to the Saratoga battlefield, I had this accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. I wasn’t aiming for the school bus, but of course I got expelled anyway. And before that, at my fourth-grade school, when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool, I sort of hit the wrong lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swim. And the time before that . . . Well, you get the idea.

I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at YancyAcademy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York. To be fair, Percy had it coming. He is kind of a seaweed brain. "Another time, Athena and Poseidon competed to be the patron god for the city of Athens. Your dad created some stupid saltwater spring for his gift. My mom created the olive tree. The people saw that her gift was better, so they named the city after her.” Mark Twain Award Previous Winners". Missouri Association of School Librarians. Archived from the original on May 16, 2008 . Retrieved May 27, 2009. La película (2010) fue una gansada y una de las más decepcionantes adaptaciones que vi jamás. ¡O sea fue todo tan raramente filmado! La trama moderadamente fiel y los geniales efectos especiales estuvieron ahí, concedido, y tal vez incluso algo de la actuación también; ¡pero todo se sintió tan mal e inconexo! Y tantas cosas dejadas afuera. Fue todo tan triste, la intención claramente estuvo ahí, pero el espíritu definitivamente no. Difícilmente comparable al libro. Lerman y Daddario tal vez estuvieron ok, cuando mucho; pero Brosnan como Quirón fue lamentable. ¡Y el final tan insultante a la progresión de la serie! ¿Pelear contra Cronos? ¿¿¿En serio??? Como si no pudieran esperar para lanzar al mayor antagonista final de la serie directo al principio. Y el inexperto recién llegado Percy ganándole tan fácilmente, contra el más terriblemente poderoso dios jamás. ¡Por favor! Lamentablemente, No Recomendable. ¡Aunque muchos puntos para Sean Bean por no morir! But yes, it is one interesting fast-paced read, too fast paced for my comfort 🤦 that I had to put down the book for every fifteen minutes or so and remind myself to collect my thoughts or to just actually breathe normal.Did the West die? The gods simply moved, to Germany, to France, to Spain, for a while. Wherever the flame was brightest, the gods were there. They spent several centuries in England. All you need to do is look at the architecture. People do not forget the gods."I had my doubts about the execution of the premise of Greek mythology, and all my doubts have been destroyed. his book does great justice to the Greek gods, it is the most faithful rendition than I have ever read.

Being a children's story, it's understandable that character building plays the bigger role compared to setting up the environment. Still, I think the environs were adequately defined. The main characters - including the first person protagonist - were interesting, fun and delightful to observe. However, for me, the secondary characters appeared a little too funny, even when they were supposed to be threatening. It took away some of the suspense/ thrill that could've been there in my opinion. And also, if the set of main characters were a little older, may be things would appear a little more realistic (relatively). But as the plot itself is great, it's easy to forget those shortcomings, and enjoy the story. Obviously, none of these would matter to kids at all, who will find the entire thing to be quite entertaining. Sequence of events is very well thought out, and laid out in a way that will make you want to read the entire thing in one go, which is not difficult to do actually, as the book is not very long. Everything is well written, and well capable of intriguing one to continue with the rest of the series (which I'll be doing shortly). I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his kids, right?" When I was about halfway through this book, I started making a list of its similarities to Harry Potter. Here is a sampling from that list: At least Nancy got in trouble, too. Mr Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything wrong. He had radar ears. Imagine my eyes bleeding after reading non-stop for almost 6 hours holding the book rolling on my bed, pacing nervously in my room and actually telling myself to calm down every 10 minutes because things are happening too fast in the book)The Lightning Thief has been released in a deluxe edition version. The edition contains eight full-color plates by John Rocco, and comes with an elegant slipcase with a ribbon bookmark, rough edges, and a cloth cover. I swear that young boy is the embodiment of sass and the more I read about him, the more I got attached to this awesome boy! <3 I want to adopt Perseus and if Poseidon doesn’t want him it’s his own fault! XD

a b Oksner, Robert (May 21, 2006). "The Lightning Thief Review". Kidsreads. Archived from the original on September 4, 2009 . Retrieved September 1, 2009. And that individual character traits and issues are nothing that legitimizes stigmatization, or the tendency to give pills and psychotropic drugs instead of alternatives such as therapy in not so severe cases. But that´s more of an unimportant sidenote, the really big riddle and mystery is the question which manifestation of a classic god will come next in which outfit, style, and with which modified abilities. This searching for the signs, hints, and innuendos is If you’re reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.

He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of interesting, but everybody around me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye. On top of the powerful message, this is a fast-paced exciting fantasy story full of friendships, Greek mythology, magic, mystery, bad guys and girls, and constant adventure. I enjoyed it now, despite me being a good ten years older than the target audience. I would have enjoyed it even more ten years ago. You should definitely go read this. Then, when you're done, give it to a kid to read too. I tried to stay cool. The school counsellor had told me a million times, ‘Count to ten, get control of your temper.’ But I was so mad my mind went blank. A wave roared in my ears. Amphitrite | Ariadne | Ganymede | Hecate | Iris | Janus | Morpheus | Nemesis | Pan | Phobos | Deimos | Persephone | Triton

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment