276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finding Emma: A Novel: 1

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Steena recounts how she gave herself the permission to go after things, to fail, to succeed. She began hoping and dreaming again and realized that her passion was for writing. It is the main core of her identity and through it she found renewed joy in life. She embraced her roles as a friend, as a wife, as a mother and as a writer. Her actions and her life revolves now around what she is passionate about, like spending time with her daughters, with pets, writing, traveling, or enjoying a nice cup of coffee. Steena is determined to live her life fully and with passion. Losing a child is every mother’s worst nightmare. Do you think you would react the same way as Megan does or differently? Do you know anyone who has gone through this? As far-fetched as the circumstances were surrounding the kidnapping of young Emma, the film moved along at a brisk pace in large part due to the intriguing characters, including Alyssa's cop friend Grace, her boyfriend Grant, and her editor Susan.

Radio Times

From there, everything started to come together. After connecting with Thompson, Hermiston would eventually obtain more historic records and documents needed to piece together Emma’s long-lost story. Knowing what we now know about the horrors of Canada’s residential school system, the records are difficult to read—yet another reminder of the pain and suffering endured by so many Indigenous children forced to attend those institutions. Megan is consumed with bitterness, while Peter works later and later nights in the company of his gorgeous business partner. And in the middle of everything, Megan’s best friend has become suddenly distant and secretive. Not a +member? Sign up for a NewmarketToday+ account for instant access to upcoming contests, local offers, auctions and so much more.There’s some reason that she was guided towards me, and there’s some reason I happened to know about a little girl named Emma,” Talaga says. “Our ancestors speak to us all the time. You just have to make sure you listen.” The greatest part about this book is that it feels so real. The characters are believable, as is the plot. This story has the feels, the romance and the every day moments that are bound to make you swoon. FINDING EMMA should be finding its way into your hands immediately. 4.5 stars! This piece of literature was very interesting and contained excellent social, educational, political and moral debates around the ethics of cyber civil rights. The writer creates characters who are well drawn out and with a three dimensional consciousnesses of the central protagonists. Unlike many contemporary twenty first century writers, Ryan suitably uses the first person to create a provocative and emotive appreciation of the heroine. For me, as a female reader, I certainly appreciate and respect the protagonist's growth, maturity and journey toward self acceptance. This is definitely a worthy read for readers interested in discovering a defining piece of fiction in our 'Netizen' era; as a former teacher myself, I would certainly deem this syllabus worthy for a high school group of 15 and above. Talaga didn’t realize it right away, but Boissoneau and Hermiston were telling her about the same lost child.

Finding Emma by Courtnee Turner Hoyle | Goodreads Finding Emma by Courtnee Turner Hoyle | Goodreads

First dated March 14, 2012; Finding Emma is the first book in the similarly-titled series. The protagonist is Megan who has been searching daily for her kidnapped daughter Emma—then aged three, she was the last born in a family of three girls: firstborn Alexis and second-born Hannah—for the past two years, resulting in a mental breakdown that not only risks her marriage but also strained children. Her red Mazda MPV 1993 van was found in the Chateau Victoria parking lot with almost all her belongings in it, including her passport, library card, digital camera, clothes, a pillow, assorted ornaments, laptop, and recently-borrowed library books. It starts off with someone with obvious anger issues. Did this make me like the character more or less? Honestly, I wasn't sure - she was very flawed and I wasn't sure if I was going to like her or not. Let's be honest - she made a lot of stupid decisions that cost her more than she could afford.

What makes her even more self-involved is that she uses her friend Grace and her never-mind-he-isn't-her-boyfriend Grant as babysitters for Emma, and yet when this happens, she either sics the police on them or pursues them herself as suspects. She allows them to be blindsided by being considered suspects or she's breaking into their homes. Talaga remembers the exchange well. “I said: ‘I’m working on finding another girl from St. Joseph’s who’s buried at St. Andrew’s. She’s from Garden River.’” Finding Emma is a pertinent piece of fiction, which engages the reader from the very start of the first chapter, I will be honest: I found the prologue somewhat underwhelming and not particularly engaging. Elements of the prologue do weave in well with themes from the book as a whole but do not display the beauty of the book as a whole and does not create an appropriate entrance for such a thought provoking read.

Finding Emma, a residential school victim who THE BIG READ: Finding Emma, a residential school victim who

Her inability to move on after Emma's kidnapping has distanced Megan from her friends and family. Her two older daughters resent her relentless and fruitless search for their sister, and her husband, Peter, pleads with her to come to terms with Emma's absence before her obsession causes the destruction of the rest of their family. Dottie is a strong woman with a conflicted past. It becomes evident early on that Dottie has some memory loss. When did you start to wonder that things weren’t as they seem at the farm house? I absolutely loved Emma and Finn. I loved her fear of cats, and Oliver's insistence on loving on her. I loved her caring brother who tried to keep tabs on her -- in the "big city" (which, I suppose next to her small town you could sneeze in and miss, Milwaukee is big, but I wouldn't necessarily go 'big city'). I loved Emma's need to find a way for herself after a fairly big scandal -- and then Finn's protective instincts to help her. This book is part heart journey and part “Dear Lord, what just happened?” I fell completely in love with Emma— she was beautiful inside and out. She really grabbed my attention and was extremely relatable. I truly felt like I was her and living exactly what she was experiencing as I was reading the book. She and David were so very interesting and intricate as characters. I was in turns in love with and angry at David. I suppose that means that I really followed exactly what Emma was feeling! These two characters kept me up at night in a way I haven’t had a book enthrall me in a very long time. When you get inside, you'll find Vamp sitting on the water waiting for you. Vamp will let you know that Emma was bait to get you here to this point and key you in on some of the information about the nuclear launch. He'll also let you know he's aware of the virus. Lastly, he'll let you know that if you fall into the water, you won't be able to resurface, which triggers the boss battle.For well over a century, no one in her family lineage knew what led to the mysterious disappearance of a little girl named Emma from Garden River, an Anishinaabe community situated just east of Sault Ste. Marie. Holmes first got the inspiration to write her novel Finding Emma when she went through a scary moment where she thought that her daughter had gone missing. That became an entire idea for a story and she penned what would be the first novel of the series and earn her an Indie Excellence Award in 2012. In the beginning of the story, Megan is a tired mother, overwhelmed by the daily tasks of her life and her children. Were you able to relate to her when you first met her? I'm not the type of person who likes to figure things out - although I know a lot of readers are like that. I prefer to enjoy the ride the author takes me on and this ride on The Revenge List was...curvy. Hi Steena, thanks for being a friend. I’m looking forward to getting to know you. I want you to know that if you ever have any questions about the books on my shelves or about eHarlequin.com, I would be delighted to answer them. Also, I list as much eHarlequin news and author news as I can so be sure to watch for my updates.

Finding Emma Series by Steena Holmes - Goodreads

Then we meet her new neighbor Finn. Finn is recovering from his own humiliating past resulting in his anti-social behaviour similar to Emma's. Together they will wade through their troubled pasts and exorcise demons. Please note that this group isn't about us showing you or your books to other ALLi members in the group--they are unlikely to be your ideal readers--but to empower you to showcase your books to the right readers on Goodreads and use the platform well.

This is a preview of the upcoming docuseries which is only a snippet of a much larger story. It is presented to help ensure Emma remains in the public eye, with the hope of bringing new interest to the ongoing search. Get ready to add more books to your shelves, to talk about what we're reading, to join challenges and even meet up! Shes lost, not knowing we're she came from. Or we're she will end up. Only thing she knows is the tattoo she has could lead to something in her life... I would definitely recommend this book: to a book club for discussion, to young readers who like to be challenged, female readers who enjoy emotional exploration, romance readers and people who enjoy reading about relationships. If you enjoy music as a theme in literature, then you should certainly explore this work. Moreover, you will love the book if you appreciate Taylor Swift's Shake it off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlo... The book started out so slow. The detailing of Emma's adopting the stray cat and getting to know Finn was for me slow. You know that something bad happened to Emma and that's why she is the way she is. Same with Finn. I kept reading and was over whelmed by the emotional end of the book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment