276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Drew&Cole CleverChef 14-in-1 Intelligent Digital Multi Cooker, Aluminium, 860 W, 5 Litre, Charcoal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The recipe uses brown basmati and I selected the brown rice pre-set program which takes just 20 minutes, although there was an additional six minutes to heat up. I was sceptical about the results, not to mention how I’d get the finished cake out of the pot, however at the end of cooking the cake tipped out of the pot with ease.

When you switch on the Cleverchef, the main menu first prompts you to choose a cooking style from the following: pressure cook, slow cook, multicook, steam, sauté, sous vide, DIY and keep warm. If you’re new to multi-cookers and electric pressure cookers, you’ll benefit from the pre-set programs that take the guesswork out of cooking lots of different foods. My only complaint would be that it was a little too runny, I’d have preferred it thicker, but having said that, you can just switch the sauté function back on and let it reduce further if you’re not too hungry to wait. When she’s not working, Helen can be found enjoying the local countryside or dreaming about her next house renovation project. There’s a bit of fiddly cleaning to do around the pressure release valve to make sure it’s free of debris, but this is the same for most electric pressure cookers.The lid slots effortlessly into place and there’s a padlock symbol to indicate when it’s in the locked or unlocked position. After completing a Home Economics degree, Helen went on to work for the Good Housekeeping Institute and has been reviewing home appliances ever since.

I still had to run the broccoli steam program twice to get perfectly cooked al dente broccoli, but the result was much better with less water in the pot. Sign up to our newsletter for style and decor inspiration, house makeovers, project advice and more. I was disappointed that there was no mention in the instruction manual about whether the parts are dishwasher safe or not. The charcoal exterior has an uncluttered control panel that consists of just one dial and a back button, giving it a neat and streamlined appearance and it’s certainly better looking than other multicookers I’ve reviewed. While the lid isn’t hinged, it does have an integrated tab that slots into the back of the cooker, this holds the lid so you don’t have to put it on the counter if you don’t want to.

There’s a broccoli steam pre-set which takes six minutes, although the total cook time including the pre-heat was 13 minutes. After starting her career in the food industry, she moved into home appliance reviews, utilising her cooking skills and experience to put all kinds of products to the test, and over the years has reviewed hundreds of home and kitchen appliances for a variety of publications. I was pleased to see very little plastic packaging, the majority is easily recyclable cardboard with just a few plastic bags. That said, it had a pleasant texture and while it wouldn’t win any awards at the local village fete, for a quick no-fuss cake, it’s not a bad option.

On top, the pressure valve can easily be switched between the closed and release positions, but for safety it’s advisable to use tongs or wear an oven glove when venting steam. It’s easy to use, doesn’t take up too much space, and offers the same functions as many of the best multi-cooker.

Each pre-set program has a default time and temperature, but these can easily be adjusted if necessary and you can also add a delay timer at this stage. The pre-sets give you the confidence to use it more often by providing a starting cook time and temperature that you can adjust to suit your own preferences. The Cleverchef is a compact multicooker that doesn’t feel too big and cumbersome like some other brands. Having completely renovated her current house, Helen reviews kitchen appliances from her open plan kitchen at home in a beautiful Berkshire village. After sauteing and adding the rest of the ingredients, it’s just a case of putting the lid on and selecting the pressure cook function, followed by the curry chicken program.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment