276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Choice: The Dragon Heart Legacy Book 3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rebellion (novella from Forever Mine anthology), The MacGregors (addition to series), Harlequin Historical People's relationships felt more surface level than the depth we have seen before. The romance was not as present, with more talk and minimal action. The romance was there…kind of. I’ve always been drawn to Nora Roberts novels because of the romance, but for some reason she chose to wait until the epilogue for the main characters to voice their feelings for each other. The reader could read between the lines and see the hidden actions that indicated the love, but there was definitely no sweeping romance. The Calhoun Women: Lilah and Suzanna (compilation: For the Love of Lilah (1991) and Suzanna's Surrender (1991) ), The Calhoun Women (3 & 4 of 5), unknown

Two talented chess players challenge each other on and off the board in bestselling author Hazelwood’s YA debut. I loved this series, but felt this last book, The Choice, fell flat. Yes, it offered an exciting conclusion and wrapped up nicely, leaving me satisfied, but the middle bits dragged. The first two audiobooks, The Awakening and The Becoming, held me from beginning to end. Nora’s recaps are always incredibly beautiful, poetic in a way that sets the tone for the story even though the voice shifts to something more casual afterward. I wish this type of recap was a standard practice with series, especially fantasy series. It’s been Nora’s standard for years. While I love rereading her books, it’s nice that these recaps are there for when I don’t feel like taking the time to reread them before the next installment comes out. Suspicious (compilation: Partners (1985), The Art of Deception (1986), and Night Moves (1985) ), SilhouetteBorn O'Hurley (compilation: The Last Honest Woman and Dance to the Piper (both 1988) ), The O'Hurleys (1 & 2 of 4), Silhouette I do feel like Nora is getting stronger and stronger at her battle scenes, and the build up needed to have them be impactful. The fantasy aspect of this trilogy was very strong, and I was really impressed by how well balanced a portal fantasy it truly was. We spent time in both main worlds, and I cared about what was happening in both. But the fantasy world itself was beautiful, and was the epitome of everything I consider fantasy at my core. There was magic and fey and mythical beings and dragons and so much more. Talamh has joined the ranks of the fictional places I would most love to visit, alongside Narnia and Hogwarts. The Choice is the epic conclusion of Nora Roberts’ Dragon Heart Legacy trilogy. Here we have portals to other worlds, mythical creatures, magic light and dark, and battles between good and evil on both large scale and small. There is a charming, diverse cast of characters, a couple of lovely romances, and a wonderful emphasis on family, whether bound by blood or chosen by heart. In this trilogy and her last, Chronicles of the One, Nora has made a radical departure from the cozy and comfortable storytelling I fell in love with as a teen. I can see where some lifelong fans of her writing might be disappointed in the shift, but I really respect it. This trilogy, and the one published before it, are stories that I would have no qualms recommending to fantasy fans who have never had much interest in Nora’s work.

I wasn't bored for a second. I cried so much, for so many reasons. I love Nora Roberts a little bit more than I did yesterday, and can't wait to see what she comes up with next. I especially enjoyed the narration by Barrie Kreinik with all of the accents (I always preface this by saying that as an American, I honestly don't know what a "proper" English accent or Irish accent sounds like - I just know they sound good) so I enjoyed listening a bit more than reading. The Novels of Nora Roberts Volume 3, e-book (compilation: "The Villa", "Midnight Bayou", "Three Fates", "Birthright", "Northern Lights") Penguin Publishing (2011) The MacGregors: Serena ~ Caine (compilation: Playing the Odds (1985) and Tempting Fate (1985) ), The MacGregors (1 & 2 of 9), Silhouette Irish Dreams (compilation: Irish Rebel (2000) and Sullivan's Woman (1984) ), Irish Hearts?, Silhouette Special ReleasesNight Tales [green] (compilation: Nightshade (1993) and Night Smoke (1994) ), Night Tales (3 & 4 of 5), Silhouette Irish Legacy Trilogy Collection, e-book, Penguin Publishing, (compilation: "Irish Thoroughbred", "Irish Rose", "Irish Rebel") (2013) Key Trilogy, e-book (compilation: "Key of Light", "Key of Knowledge", "Key of Valor") Penguin Publishing (2011)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment