276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alessi PSJS Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer, Aluminium, Mirror Polished

£40£80.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nothing cheap here, that’s for sure, but this is perfect for special treats, and there’s IKEA for the rest! Upon further inspection, I learnt that the Juicy Salif lemon squeezer is, in fact, one of Philippe Starck’s most influential designs and is still sold to this day.

For instance, their "Juicy Salif" citrus squeezer, designed by Philippe Starck, resembles a spaceship rather than a traditional kitchen tool.This philosophy has made him one of the pioneers and central figures of the concept of democratic design. Exaggerated and unexpected, the Juicy Salif becomes a design sculpture that delights the mind with an unexpected change of scale. Alessi's success lies in its ability to collaborate with some of the most talented designers from around the world. Prior to my student placement at National Museums Scotland, this was not a word I would have ever applied to a lemon squeezer. I encountered said lemon squeezer on my very first day working with the collection and its design stuck with me, and I could not stop thinking about it.

Made from a mirror polished and durable aluminium, its long, spider-like legs are tall enough to fit your glass underneath - ready to collect your lemon, orange or lime juice. The Juicy Salif by Philippe Starck has become an absolute design classic that many of us have become familiar with. jpg Alessi GBP Aluminium juicy-salif-lemon-squeezer Juicy Salif lemon squeezer by Alessi A truly iconic object and symbol not only of Philippe Starck but of Alessi itself, this citrus squeezer - as revolutionary as it is surprisingly functional - was sketched in its essentials by Starck during a holiday by the sea in Italy, on a pizzeria napkin. Alberto Alessi famously referred to the juicer as a 'Ëœbig joke', playing with the idea that beautiful form should always follow function.One of the hallmarks of Alessi's design philosophy is its attention to detail and the use of high-quality materials. Juicy Salif, a citrus reamer designed by Philippe Starck in 1990, is considered an icon of industrial design, and has been displayed in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art [1] and the Metropolitan Museum of Art [2] in New York City, as well as the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Alessi is a renowned Italian brand that has become synonymous with elegant and innovative design in the field of home and kitchenware.

It’s a philosophical reminder of what we are as creatures… I wish I had one… but in Brazil, they are too unbelievably expensive. Only a well-equipped establishment can accomplish a professional service that guests will surely remark!Inventor, creator, architect, designer, artistic director, Philippe Starck is certainly all of the above, but more than anything else he is an honest man directly descended from the Renaissance artists. The juice then flows down along the side edges of the tapered body and is finally concentrated by the pointed end straight into the drinking glass. Sketched on the paper tablecloth of a restaurant during a tripto Italy, Juicy Salif's biomorphism is striking. Created in cast mirror polished aluminium with nylon protective feet, the pointed base of the squeezing body guides the juice directly into a glass or jug placed underneath. The gold-plated version was described as an "ornament" because citric acid from fruit would discolor and erode the gold plating.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment