276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ladies' Midnight Swimming Club

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She lives in the west of Ireland with her husband, four children and a very busy Labrador named Penny. She's a writer, reader, enthusiastic dog walker and reluctant jogger - except of course when it is raining! I loved this read. It warmed my heart, and made my eyes well with tears. Yes, tissues are mandatory. I loved the way Elizabeth's character grew and strengthened, and Jo, what can I say about Jo? If I am ever in her position I only hope that I have her strength of character. In the midst of her grief for her husband, Eric, Elizabeth starts to sort through some of his papers and makes an unexpected discovery. Eric was the local GP for a number of years, with Elizabeth and himself living in his rambling family home. Elizabeth had experienced a difficult and challenging marriage but she was very unprepared for the overwhelming discovery that Eric had left her in financial ruin. With a rambling old house, and a GP practice without a GP, Elizabeth has life-changing decisions to make as she embraces the next stage in her life.

The following are questions that people have wanted to discuss with me after reading the book… So far!It is a moving story, dealing sensitively with several emotive issues. It is a tale of searching for the truth, coping with grief, overcoming obstacles and making the most of your life and opportunities, even when everything seems to be against you. Throughout the story it is the friendships and support characters give to each other that make it a beautiful, heartwarming read that I have no hesitation in highly recommending. Author Dan decides to leave Dublin and take time out to write a novel, and to investigate a question he’s wondered about most of his life. As Faith Hogan sets the scenes so beautifully with her words I was soon invested with all five of our characters and was keen to learn what happens next for them. I’d love a sequel to this story as I feel there’s so much more to give. Maybe also I loved the characters and setting too much and I just don’t want to let them go yet …

Life is going to change for Elizabeth, Jo and Lucy, but with their close and supportive relationship between them they know that they can handle whatever life is going to throw at them. I loved these women, they are lovely, funny, inspiring and brave. At the end I wanted to sign up for their club and to hug them. Jo, Elizabeth and Lucy have different ages and different living experiences but now that they are together in the same place they have the chance to understand and to help each other.

Profile Pic

As the synopsis tells you, this is the story of three women and of different generations and each one is a point in their lives when decisions need to be made. The swimming club is something that may sound completely mad to some, I mean swimming in the sea at midnight doesn't sound like something that most women would think about. The author, however, had different thoughts about it and I for one am so glad she did as it was such a fabulous story to get caught up in.

Three women, all going through some sort of trauma or big change in their lives meets nightly at midnight to swim in the freezing waters of the Irish Sea. One recently divorced doctor who's raising a young teen on her own, her mother, a woman who has denied her ill health for a while and now has found out she's dying of cancer, and a recently widowed woman who after her husband's death has learned he was not the man she thought he was and has left her to deal with mounting debt that could leave her penniless.

blog archive

Of course, the cover reveal is, in many ways, just another step on the journey to publication. You know the way they say it takes a village to raise a child – well, books are a little like that! This story was so very poignant for me as I too have faced a hurdle that one of the main characters faces. Previously I have found storylines like this hard to read but Faith Hogan didn’t choose this as the main focus and she dealt with it with sensitivity and dignity. Lizzie Lamb on #Review: Secrets of the Shell Sisters by Adrienne Vaughan @adrienneauthor #RosshavenRomances #romance #RespectRomFic #SecretsoftheShellSisters If your book club is planning on including My Husbands Wives, do let me know. I’d love to hear how you get on and where your reading leads you….

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment