276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Can't Do Maths!: Why children say it and how to make a difference

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Make ‘×’ ‘÷’ and ‘10’, ‘100’, ‘1000’ cards to place face down in two piles. Roll a dice four times to create a number (e.g. 4258), then insert a decimal point somewhere (e.g. 42.58). Take a card from each pile and do the calculation (e.g. 42.58 ÷ 100 = 0.4258).

The tables below provide links to various up-to-date resources for Wales. For younger children, it might be workbooks and flashcards to help with their understanding. For older children, it will be tailored revision for exam syllabi. So to try and help, I’ve put together a list of what I consider to be the best support around. Depending on your child’s age and motivation you can buy these resources and set them a certain amount each week to do, or they can just use them independently and you have the peace of mind of knowing that you have provided them with some really helpful support. I’ve adjusted the list by age, from Year 5 and 6, right up to A-level. We’ll be exploring how using volumes of cubes, cuboids and right prisms will help you to plan out a stage or arena for your large-scale event.If you are like me, you are struggling at the moment to work from home; support your children with their schoolwork and try and keep it all together with a smile on your face. This engaging DIY Maths booklet is focused on ratios and proportions. What they are, where you find them in the real world and how to calculate problems that involve ratios and proportions. We’ll be exploring how using cylinders and other 3D shapes can help with creating spectacular stage sets for your large-scale event.

Unlike our face-to-face Maths Feast, there’s no limit to the number of teams that a school can enter into their DIY Maths Feast and entering different sized teams to fit with your situation is acceptable.We’ll be exploring how calculating surface areas and performance areas of cuboids and prisms can help you ensure that a stage or arena space can work best for your large-scale event. There are a variety of tasks including getting to grips with the basics of ratios and proportion, practical skills, working with word problems, mathematical vocabulary, buddy teaching and extension activities. Calculators and equipment such as rulers and protractors aren’t permitted – this competition is based on your students’ brain power alone! What costs are involved? SIMPLE LANGUAGE: Our WJEC Maths Foundation and Intermediate GCSE Revision Guide contains concise definitions, simple language and useful examples that make it the perfect learning aid for improving students' knowledge and academic confidence in GCSE Maths. Informative content and simple language ensure that all pupils will be able to gain a greater understanding of both theory-based and practical topics. We recommend that schools take at least four days to run their DIY Maths Feast – this could be over lunchtimes, after school, or within maths lessons. If you’re using the materials virtually, you can organise it how you see fit!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment