276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Family At War - Series 1 [DVD]

£3.5£7Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you cannot play them in the USA you will need to contact the company from whom you purchased for and exchange or refund.

I found it to be a well acted series that really brought home the harsh realities that those living through the times endured. Despite furious battles with authorities, and while pursuing her hectic career in Family At War, Atkins went on to revolutionise the fostering system. Nostalgia Central covers the period 1950 to 1999 and contains some words and references which reflect the attitudes of those times and which may be considered culturally sensitive, offensive or inappropriate today.By August that same year, one of Granada’s press releases was able to boast that A Family at War was now ‘top of the national TV ratings. This was a landmark series and dealt with the emotions and impact of war on ordinary families of ww2 not just the fighting.

I think this is grossly unfair, and it’s not a description that was applied to it at the time as far as I remember. Shetland was an important naval port, and as many as 70 per cent of those serving from Shetland were at sea, either in the navy or merchant navy.The character is supposed to be unpleasant and admires both General Franco and the German Afrika Korps.

The programme opening titles show a scene of a beach with a child's sand castle, with Union Flag flying, slowly being approached by the encroaching tide, symbolic of a beleaguered Britain standing alone in 1940–1941. The characters I cared a lot about in this series were Lesley Nunnerley as Margaret, formerly an Ashton, who gets married to Ian Thompson as John Porter. This was primary work for the medium, the first of the television novels and one on a Dickensian scale. Another interesting aside to my viewing the series was the concurrent coal miners’ strike at the time.Colin Douglas was magnificent in this series as was the rest of the cast which starred in this story of the Ashton family as they made their way through those difficult times of World War Two.

of British television history: ‘What if A Family at War had continued and become a long-running series like Coronation Street? It ran from 14 April, 1970 to 16 February, 1972 and starring Colin Douglas, Shelagh Fraser, Colin Campbell, Keith Drinkel, Barbara Flynn, Coral Atkins, David Dixon, John Nettles, Patrick Troughton, Margery Mason, Brett Usher. The 1945 election brought the state of the world back, but VE Day was a few seconds of Edwin wandering past fireworks.incidently, was the double nudity scene at the window, with Michael and his girl-friend, a “shocking” first for UK TV ?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment