276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meze 99 Classics Walnut Silver Headphones (Silver & Black)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The headphones have a leather band with the Liric embossing, then there is on each side two metal rods to adjust the HP to head height. Even though the bass is more subdued than many of Meze’s offerings, it is still a bit north of what many would consider neutral. The bass does seem to be somewhat un-planar like in that I don’t find it to be particularly fast and agile. It does reach deep when called for, and it’s not so slow as to be considered sluggish, it’s just not lightning fast. I’d place it between the Empyrean and the Elite, though I only heard the Elite briefly at CanJam NYC. I still found bass to be satisfying and pleasing for my preferences. Let’s move directly to the comparison. At first glance you can see that the compared headphones are from different price ranges, the build quality of HE-R9 is fine but the fitting of the elements is on a completely different level. HiFiMan produces perfectly sounding headphones, but they need to keep up with the competitors in terms of build quality. Fortunately the HE-R9 despite the size is very lightweight, so it’s very comfortable even during long listening sessions.

Meze Audio - Sound. Comfort. Design. True high-end. All | Meze Audio - Sound. Comfort. Design. True high-end.

The detail throughout the mids sounds excellent, and the instrument or voice feels spaced and uncluttered. Lows/Bass -We’re pretty spoiled when it comes to good gear and good headphones, but this is one is extra special… What a masterpiece. I also casually game and there I also like Beyer’s more. More accurate and more information. Probably because they give me more detail and are maybe more designed for a correct presentation in stead of a smooth one. That's remarkable, especially for a brand that essentially came out of nowhere. But Meze earned "cult favorite" status with the launch of the Meze 99 Classics. This follow-up is a partnership with retailer Massdrop, with a few minor changes and an extremely appealing price tag. Come with a sturdy hard case (headphones fit in even when the cable is attached) that looks good and is very protective.

Meze 99 Classics review: a modern classic - Soundphile Review Meze 99 Classics review: a modern classic - Soundphile Review

There are no left or right earcups, it is decided by the cable. The left cable has a lil ridge. so you dont have to read Rand L, you can pretty much understand it by just holding it. Inside the case, as mentioned, you get the 99 Neo and then a small pouch full of the accessories, which you attach to the inside of the case with a velcro pad.I called them out, something I hadn't done since I ripped apart my expensive Hisound Audio Studio Anniversary player. The low end is not what I would call technically perfect, but in the overall tuning context, it works very well to round off the 99 Classics sound. You get bass that extends fairly deep but not into the bass-heavy territory. Still Here: RS2i/HF2/MS2i/SR225i (all w/ comfies), AD900x, K612, K242 MP Sextett, DT880/250, PX-100 Inside you’ll find your headphones, a very useful hard case, a 1.2m cable with mic and remote and a 3m cable. Also, there is a soft puch for your cables, a flight adapter and a 6.3mm adapter for your stationary gear. Just imagine Meze Elite on the go – wrapped in more portable construction, with slightly amplified edges of the frequency range that are less power-hungry. That’s what Liric’s soul is.

Meze Audio LIRIC - Reviews - Head-Fi.org Meze Audio LIRIC - Reviews - Head-Fi.org

You also get two cables; one a 4ft long and the second a 10ft long. The shorter of the two cables is primarily for portable use on mobile phones or DAP’s and comes with an in-line button remote. The 10ft long cable is primarily for home use with a nylon threaded sheath as opposed to the rubber tubing finish of the shorter cable. Y-Type stars: The product is only about average or even somewhat below that and somewhat flawed/flawed in some areas. [neither "Thumbs Up" nor "Thumbs Down"] Meze Liric has great design, an amazing look, and a lot of interesting tech inside so I just want to play with it, but at the same time I want to keep it on my head, but at the end of the day what’s most important in the high-end headphones is the sound. When paw S2 is connected to R8 (does it make any sense?) , 62 is enough, there is much more bass then when connected to the LG V60. The 99 Neo shares the strive for precision in every component with the Classics series. Cast zinc alloy hardware with electroplated coating, stamped manganese spring steel headband, memory foam and soft PU leather are premium materials to be found here as well.Let me start this off by saying that my listening preferences typically lean towards warm and detailed presentations of sound. I loved my ownership time of the Meze Empyrean and hoped that the Liric had some of what made that a truly fantastic experience for me. The Romanian-based Meze is a brand that has solidified their place in the high-end headphone ecosystem. While their range of headphones may he a tad polarizing (with the tuning of the Empyrean being at the forefront of that), there are nearly-undeniable truths about Meze's devotion to the craft; these are very well-built, finely constructed, comfortable and attractive headphones. Antonio's dedication to the hobby and to the industry is equally undeniable.

Meze Audio - Sound. Comfort. Design. True high-end.

One of the reasons headphones and earphones in India are more expensive than overseas is because of the Goods & Services Tax in India. For me the Meze Liric (with EQ) is one great headphone that very well earned its right to exist in the crowded headphone market. Power 83 out of 120 - what? As good as Kann OG? Not after direct comparision. Mids are missing a bit. But still, impressive.

Link to my review and measurement index thread where one can also find a full review overview, more information about myself as well as my general-ish audio and review manifesto: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/956208/ Personally, I am not a huge fan of gold accenting on my gear so the silver looks excellent to me and I do like that slightly lighter tone of walnut that comes with the 99 Class silver. Do note, woodies all have unique grains, no two are alike. Headband I actually upgraded to Liric from DCA Aeon 2 Noire after I compared the two planars. For me, the Liric has the more detailed sound and much better layering. I also agree with @godmax regarding “being in the music” more with the Liric. As far as comfort and fit I have 0 issues with the pads or overall comfort (not in clamping force or size). the suspension strap is a bit “bouncy” but after a bit of time you get used to it. Of course, yours truly comes late to the game with regard to reviewing the 99 Classics which is a good thing because I am hoping to avoid the hype machine a little and talk about these in a ‘dust settled’ type environment and second Meze came out with a new Walnut silver edition just in time for me to get my hands on it so hey something new right? What Is The Pitch?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment