276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PENHALIGON S Savoy Steam Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The standout element of this fragrance is the Tunisian rosemary. It offers an unexpected twist to the scent profile, adding an herbal, green touch to the otherwise floral-spicy mix. And while the sillage may not fill a room, it leaves a pleasing, intimate trail that invites closer inspection. The concept behind Savoy Steam is to capture the smell of a Turkish hammam (a steam bath). To that end, it combines a fair amount of different stuff: I was trying to put my finger on what this combo reminded me of and then I hit upon something - Pimms - the British summertime staple of poshos! Given that Pimms does appear to be a combination of citruses, spices and botanicals, and is often served with mint and lemonade, that doesn't seem like a far fetched association. It was, however, totally different to what I expected from Savoy Steam when I blind bought it. Penhaligon's: Agarbathi, Babylon, Blenheim Bouquet, Bluebell, Cairo, Castile, Changing Constance, Douro, Elisabethan Rose, Empressa, Endymion, Endymion Concentré, Halfeti, Halfeti Cedar, Halfeti Leather, Iris Prima, Juniper Sling, Lily of the Valley, Luna, Monsieur Beauregard, Much Ado About The Duke, Opus 1870, Orange Blossom, Oud De Nil, Quercus, Racquets, Sartorial, [Savoy Steam]( https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/comments/lm5mlw/penhaligons_savoy_steam_review/, Terrible Teddy, The Bewitching Yasmine, The Blazing Mister Sam, The Coveted Duchess Rose, The Impudent Cousin Matthew, The Ingénue Cousin Flora, The Inimitable William Penhaligon, The Tragedy of Lord George, The Uncompromising Sohan, Vaara

Savoy Steam is a perfume by Juliette Karagueuzoglou (I won't try and pronounce that). She's the nose behind L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, and the seemingly quite polarizing Invictus Aqua by Paco Rabanne, amongst many others. Savoy Steam by Penhaligon's is a fragrance that defies conventional boundaries, inviting both men and women into its aromatic embrace. Launched in 2017, this perfume has a definitive floral core, subtly spiced and softened by fresh, resinous undertones. The result is a scent that, while leaning slightly more towards a feminine audience, brings forward a pleasant unisex appeal. With our award-winning bars, restaurants and festive afternoon tea on offer, you know you’re in the perfect place to indulge this Christmas. Our attentive team will do their utmost to guarantee a seamless stay, even decorating your room or suite ready for the festivities to begin. So join us and spoil yourself, safe in the knowledge that everything has been thought out with your complete relaxation and enjoyment in mind. Carrément Belle: 555, Alfred Kafé, Alõ, Enkor, ïōdé, Ippi Patchouli, Ippi Patchouli Clair, Label Rose, Musc, Musc Originel, So, Vanille

En boutique

At first I didn't know what to make of this as I was expecting a more straightforward and obvious rose note but, the more I smelled it, the more I was enthralled - I particularly enjoyed the dry down as the sweetness reduced. I've honestly not smelled anything in the ballpark of this (so far); it's incredibly unique! I believe they did also make an exclusive range of matching toiletries for the Savoy when releasing this, which is a nice touch. There are two ways to prepare cabbage, depending on how many you want it to serve, and how you want to cook it. It doesn't take more than a few seconds for the rosemary to rise proudly out of the vapours and make its presence known. This is, again, true to life and incredibly pleasing. The pink pepper sits alongside it, but is decidedly more quiet to my nose. Le Jardin Retrouvé: Citrus Discovery Set (Inc. Citron Boboli, Eau des Délices and Verveine d'Eté), Floral Discovery Set (Inc. Jasmin Majorelle, Rose Trocadéro and Tubéreuse Trianon), Oriental Sans Souci, Woody and Leather Discovery Set (Inc. Cuir de Russie, Bois Tabac Virginia and Sandalwood Sacre)

Whilst the Harrods description implies that this is a perfume for women, I disagree. It is decidedly unisex. What I would say, however, is that it is an informal spring/summer perfume. It'd be perfect for a warm dry day when you're having a casual meetup with friends sitting outside at the pub or even just to douse yourself in having gotten out of the shower on a lazy Saturday. I'd be less inclined to wear it in colder weather or formal situations though because it does smell a lot like a spa (obviously that situation changes completely if you're going for a job as a masseuse...) However, it's worth noting that the longevity of Savoy Steam could be a bit better. It may not carry you through a full day without a touch-up, particularly if you have a long night out planned. And although the value is reasonable, the price point may not be for everyone. As you wear Savoy Steam, you'll notice it's a perfume that loves the daylight. It thrives in the freshness of spring and the crispness of fall, making it a great choice for these transitions seasons. The delicate balance of floral and spicy elements ensures it's never too heavy or light - perfect for daily wear, leisurely weekends, or even in a professional setting. Steam rises in the hammam, laced with the heady fragrance of fresh Tunisian roses. Pink pepper, as invigorating as the plunge pool itself, balanced by rosemary and incense. A Turkish delight indeed. Indeed, Savoy Steam is a scent to splash on rather than anoint oneself with; it’s light and crisp, leaving an impression without ever threatening to overwhelm. The perfumer Juliette Karagueuzoglou created a melody of green geranium, rosemary and fresh rose, the scent is the perfect segue into the spring months. The cologne is equally evocative, comprising of lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary, balsam fir, cedar, incense and resins.You'll note that 'steam' is not one of the notes there, so lord knows how they're going to create it. Oh, and just to note, I'm reviewing the Eau de Parfum version, not the Cologne (apparently there are significant differences).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment