276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Catch: The utterly gripping thriller - now a major NETFLIX drama

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thank you to Bonnier UK Audio, Zaffre and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The supporting cast includes Academy Award winner Brenda Fricker (My Left Foot) as Ed’s mother-in-law Phyllis, Ian Pirie ( Halo) as Ed’s business partner Bob Chapman, and Jade Jordan (Redemption) as Abbie’s best friend Katz, while newcomer Morgan Palmeria will portray smitten lifeguard George. Of course, I’m still a bookworm as well: I love the pull of a great book, one that you want to read on the bus, in the bath, at the dinner table, under the desk at work.

The Catch will be a suspenseful watch set in a beautiful, atmospheric environment that will keep audiences guessing from beginning to end. As he becomes increasingly obsessed with his future son-in-law, Ed’s own life begins to go into freefall. Ed has taken an instant dislike to Ryan and feels that there is something seriously wrong with him and decides he will find out what it is at any cost. That was when I decided to take the plunge into writing full-time, which I have been doing since summer 2017. Other recognisable stars include Cathy Belton as Ed’s wife Claire, Academy Award-winner Brenda Fricker as Ed’s mother-in-law Phyllis Doyle, Ian Pirie as Ed’s best friend Bob Chapman and Jade Jordan plays Abbie’s best friends Katz.

It was first broadcast on Channel 5 and My5 in the UK on 25 January 2023, broken into four one-hour episodes. But when a rich, handsome younger man enters daughter Abbie’s life and threatens to take her away from him, Ed finds his life spiralling out of control. Based on the novel by TM Logan, the story follows fisherman Ed Collier (Watkins), who is highly protective over his family, which includes wife Claire (Philomena's Cathy Belton) and daughter Abbie ( Stay Close star Poppy Gilbert). Abbie’s mum, Claire, thinks the couple have ‘a real connection’ and grandma Joyce thinks he’s ‘a lovely boy.

From the start of The Catch book, Ed Collier had serious problems with daughter Abbie’s new boyfriend Ryan Wilson. Ryan does seem too good to be true and helps add abit of ambiguity, whilst Abbie's mum Claire thinks her husband's reactions are ridiculous. The Catch is filming over the summer of 2022 and the series is produced byProjector Pictures, in association withNight Train MediaandAll3Media International.I received a complimentary copy of this novel, at my request, from Bonnier Books/ Zaffre via NetGalley and this review is my unbiased opinion. He senses there is so wrong about Ryan so is particularly concerned when the couple say they are engaged and more so when they announce a wedding a mere seven months away, allegedly because Abbie's grandmother has cancer and Abbie wants her to be at the wedding. Before he could kill Abbie, Claire arrived to save her after having a bad feeling about her daughter and Ryan. Two weeks after it came out as an e-book, I discovered that my day job – by this point I was a deputy director in charge of the university’s communications team – was being made redundant as part of a restructure. M. Logan is making his own headlines these days with a clutch of gripping, superbly crafted page-turners, including Richard and Judy picks Lies and The Holiday, which have turned him into a contemporary king of the psychological thriller.

And this master of suspense certainly hits a raw nerve for many readers with this tense, taut, twisting tale of a middle-aged man, desperate to protect his daughter, but whose life falls apart as he starts to dig relentlessly into the past of his future son-in-law. Filled to the brim with secrets and lies, twists and turns, it has all the ingredients of a perfect thriller and we cannot wait to start filming. You might also recognise him from his role in Time, alongside acting giants Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. Ed wasn't expecting to find out that his daughter Abbies boyfriend is in fact her fiance once he finally meets Ryan for the first.The Catch follows Ed Collier, a proud husband, father and local fisherman who is delighted to meet his 23-year-old daughter’s fiancé for the first time. The next move took me back to the East Midlands, where I went to work for the University of Nottingham as a press officer. But will Ed's suspicions prove to be true or will he just show himself as being an over-protective father?

The reader isn't spoon fed, we're simply given snippets of information to piece together to create our own theories and conspiracies.Des, another member of the group, had recently written to him and informed him about what had happened to his father, which prompted Ryan to go on a revenge spree. The Catch , my fourth book, tells the story of a father who becomes convinced his daughter is about to marry a man with terrible secrets. The drama is split into 4 episodes, each an hour long, and airs every Wednesday at 9pm on Channel 5 starting from January 25, with episodes made available to stream afterwards on My5. I judged a book by it's cover and thought it perhaps looked a little cheesy but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment