276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Talktools Honey Bear Drinking Cup with 2 Flexible Straws - Includes Instructions - Spill-proof Lid by TalkTools

£12.14£24.28Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We love the Olababy straw cup!! You can also use it to practice drinking from an open cup. Wide base keeps it from being tipped over." Honey Bear Cup: Originally designed for a therapeutic setting, the Honey Bear Cup is a great way to teach little ones how straws work. By pressing on the bear’s belly, you can help your baby drink from a straw before they have figured it out on their own. Once baby learns to use the straw, however, you may want to cut the straw tip to better fit baby’s mouth. Accessories Your little one accomplishes a lot in one short year, and that includes graduating from a baby bottle to a training cup. As the name suggests, training cups are essentially cups that help your baby learn how to drink out of a real cup without spilling the contents all over themselves and everything around them. The difference between the two is that the honey bear has a softer, smaller round straw. The litterless juice box’s straw is sort of squarish so it is in my opinion “step two” of the straw drinking journey.

Sippy Cups and Speech Development - Jocelyn M. Wood Sippy Cups and Speech Development - Jocelyn M. Wood

BabyCenter's editorial team is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the world. When creating and updating content, we rely on credible sources: respected health organizations, professional groups of doctors and other experts, and published studies in peer-reviewed journals. We believe you should always know the source of the information you're seeing. Learn more about our editorial and medical review policies. We spoke with four parents on BabyCenter's editorial team who have four children between them and told us what straw cups worked best to help their babies make the transition from bottles and were easiest to use, travel with, and clean. I work as a early intervention occupational therapist. We work on feeding a lot…. For straws, you can use a squeezable straw cup such as a honey bear….My son just learned how to drink from a straw in a matter of a few days using a honey bear cup." Julian is now 14 months and crawling around, pulling himself up on furniture, signing more and starting to wave hi! My client’s Mom did the straw kit and it really helped with keeping her tongue in her mouth- and now that she can hear (yay hearing aids!) her speech is really improving.This cup is microwave-safe, freezer-safe, and can hold hot liquids that are up to 428 degrees Fahrenheit; that said, the AAP recommends serving liquids that are maximum room-temperature-warm to your baby, and warns against microwaving to warm.

BabyCenter Best straw cups for babies | BabyCenter

Basically, because the child has spent so long “mis-learning” tongue position, intervention is now required to retrain the tongue and strengthen lip, jaw, and tongue muscles. When Should I Introduce the Cup?There are some people who have “made your own honey bear cup” basically taking a honey bear honey plastic container and doing something with it. I’m not sure. Parents love the look of the Olababy, and appreciate that even if babies accidentally hit themselves in the face or mouth with this cup, the soft silicone won't bang them up. A final high point: When your baby's ready for an open cup, just take the straw and lid off and you're all set. And although children this age should technically be capable of sipping straight from an open cup — and should practice it — they can be inconvenient if your baby is drinking anywhere that a mess matters. That’s where a training cup, like a straw cup, comes into play. Oh I can tell you lots about this. It is so awesome you are starting really early. Julian “got” the straw at 11 months.

Honey Bear Cup - Therapy Fun Zone Honey Bear Cup - Therapy Fun Zone

When you are at home and have the time, practicing with an open cup will aid your child’s oral motor development. Although plastic shot glasses are a good starting point, you’ll soon be looking for a more sustainable option. Tonya, love this! You can also get similarly hard tubing at beer brewery stores, call first. Definitely food-grade, definitely strong.Alexandra Bisonó, Senior Art Director for Everyday Health Group, says that her daughter only took a few minutes to learn how to use the honey bear straw cup, and after understanding how they worked, she was able to move on to other straw cups. The honey bear cups are often a great option for children having trouble making the transition from bottles: BabyCenter Senior SEO Content Strategist Sarah Darby says "I tried to get my son to drink from a straw for almost two months with little success. After we tried the honey bear cup, he was drinking from a straw that same day at 9 months." We have the 360 cups and a honey bear cup and my daughter prefers the honeybear. It was a lot easier to teach her to use a straw and she's able to get more water/milk per sip than the 360 cups." In some therapy circles, the honey bear is an obvious adaptation that is used to help kids learn to drink from a straw. I was unaware of this great use of a honey bear for many many years, and it was kind of a “duh” moment when I learned about using it. You don’t actually have to use a honey bear, and I have used condiment squeeze bottles as well because I did not want to wait until I finished all of the honey and I could buy an empty picnic condiment bottle at walmart.

Honey Bear Cup? Straw Drinking: What’s the Deal With the Honey Bear Cup?

The cup is used by speech and feeding therapists around the world to teach lip rounding, tongue retraction and other oral-motor skills. Many different companies make similar cups but Sarah notes that the brittle plastic flip-up lids on most break easily and create dangerous sharp edges. So she prefers this version from The 730 Project, which has a one-piece lid that's much harder to break. The sippy cup has become the go to cup after the bottle. This may be great for a typical child, but to help with oral motor development we need a regular cup or one with a straw. You saw us try with the straw a few weeks ago. First attempts are not meant to be successful and we have five more months to go right? We tried just a regular cup tonight.That’s exactly how my brother-in-law taught one of his kids (almost a year old) to drink from a straw. Granted, he’s a typically developing child, but he figured it out in about five minutes at a restaurant. Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections - they may also appear in recommendations and other places. The “cup” also has sturdy, but soft handles, which make them easier for babies to hold. But unlike other straw cups, the handles slide on the cup like a koozie instead of being attached to the cup's cap. You can slip the handles off to more easily fit this bottle in small spaces, and take them off entirely when your child doesn't need them anymore.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment