276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging: Book 1 (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Good stuff. Huh, I don't think I've ever worn a training bra. I must be an embarrassment to the sort. The writing was quite good and the protagonist was interesting. She was the typical epitome of most teenage girls on the cusp between childhood and adulthood. Field, Annemarie (5 October 2007). "Perfect town for major teen film". Eastbourne Herald. Archived from the original on 16 February 2008 . Retrieved 4 February 2008. I wasn't a fan of the style of this book either. It was written in journal format, but as is often the case, it ends up being mostly 1st person. But being that Miss Georgia is a drama queen, I can forgive that. She'd want to pour her heart out. But damn it was choppy and random and the timestamps didn't make sense. I think a lot of them were supposed to be funny, like "Oh, I'm going to do this thing and it's going to make me look like a fashion model and then the Sex God will love me!" and then 2 minutes later, "My life is ruined!" Practically Different Generations: Georgia and Libby, as there is a 12-year age difference between them (at the start of the books, Georgia is 14 years old and Libby two.)

Shit. Fell asleep with my glasses still on. Where was I? Oh yeah, shaving the eye brows with Dad's razor. Oy.uur: Net ontdekt dat Libby mijn laatste maandverbandjes gebruikt heeft als hangmatten voor haar poppen. Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on 14 November 2021 . Retrieved 9 October 2021.

Did you know you can flag iffy content? Adjust limits for Language in your kid's entertainment guide. Get started Close Tommy Bastow as Dave "the Laugh", one of Robbie's best friends, whom Georgia uses Dave to make Robbie jealous. He and Ellen later dance and kiss. Louise went on to write 9 more books in the series about the highs and lows of teenage life and her honest portrayal of teenage girls earned her the accolade of Queen of Teens. Now, don't misunderstand me. I laughed out loud at portions of the story, and most definitely felt as if I was reading the actual diary of quite a few of the tweens and young teens I work with regularly. However I would argue that the narrative is a reflection of a popular perception, but in reality a narrow representation of "tweendome" as we know it today.Third-Option Love Interest: Dave the Laugh throughout most of the novel when Georgia is chasing after either Robbie or Masimo, but snogging him on the side. The 'Verse: Rennison's follow-up to this series is a series of new books based around Georgia's cousin, Tallulah. Parental Neglect: Georgia's mutti hardly ever cooks, and lets Libby play with bread knives, and her vati doesn't seem to do anything other than polish his clown car and sit around drinking beer with Uncle Eddie. As she stood up and opened her arms to speak, all the buttons on her tunic pinged off. And as she looked down in horror, Dave the Laugh said really loudly, “Are these my basoomas I see before me?” Louise's writing was choppy and the mention of a "sex god" was a little inappropriate to me. Especially since the book attracted people of all ages, not just teenagers. Kids as young as 9-10 have read this book and the mention of "sex god" didn't fall right with me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment