276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Party

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Moran, Joe (20 February 2021). "Failosophy by Elizabeth Day review – the feel-good 'failing-well' industry". The Guardian.

The Party (2017) - IMDb The Party (2017) - IMDb

A Goodreads friend recently posted a review of this book and I was so intrigued I got a copy from the library (Thanks Indieflower!). The book was published in 2017 but I don't remember hearing of it previously.

Clip

That’s not to say forward planning is pointless, but unless you can actively contribute something practical towards your future growth right now, there’s no point worrying about the things you can’t yet control.” Hearing her say this, I felt I could breathe for the first time in months. I allowed myself to believe that it was going to be OK.

The Party — Elizabeth Day

Elizabeth Day: 'A lot of people were yearning to talk about failure' ". TheGuardian.com. 21 August 2021. A taut psychological tale of obsession and betrayal set over the course of a dinner party, The Party tells the story of two married couples who, in a single evening, will come to question everything they thought they knew about each other, as the long-buried secret at the heart of their friendship comes to the surface, culminating in an explosive act of violence. Pero un hecho que traerá consecuencias años después les pasará factura y pondrá a ambos en el lugar que ocupan, hay un tercer personaje, Lucy, la mujer de Martin que tiene un papel importante en la narración. I’m Lucy, an award-winning book blogger, bibliotherapist and writer with a passion for brilliant books, independent bookstores, literary travel and book festivals around the world. The Literary Edit is your guide to the beautiful world of books.

Credits

Scholes, Lucy (16 July 2017). " The Party by Elizabeth Day review – well-paced literary thriller". The Observer . Retrieved 27 March 2020. Martin and Ben became friends in boarding school at the age of 13. Martin went out of his way to ‘get’ Ben to notice him when they were in school - doing everything in his power to win him over as his best friend..... taking a strong interest in anything Ben was interested in. Martin was always right behind in Ben’s shadow. So much so that he acquired the name “Little Shadow”.....being called LS for short. Martin grew up living with his single mother. His father died before he was born. His relationship with is mother gave me the willies. Creepy! And, later in life, I have come to find there’s a certain usefulness in observing from the outside. It allows you space to listen and examine and understand. And, once you understand a group dynamic, you can control it without anyone suspecting” I don’t quite know how they managed it, but I suppose money and power and a hint of aristocratic presence will go a long way. They could be very impressive, that family.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment