276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Angelmaker

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s an outlandish Literary Fantasy novel featuring automata, London-based gangsters, World War II shenanigans and espionage with a plot to destroy the world using clockwork bees. Sometimes we even jump character midpage, and it began to feel like an elaborate house of cards that could take a spill at any moment.

Joe gives her his hand, and she places his hand, palm down, on her chest and leans firmly towards him…With the heel of his hand Joe can feel the curve of one breast. North gives readers little tidbits as the book progresses to keep them intrigued, invested and glued to the pages. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Also, and I quote: “a toe which knows the world, which has done the wicked, secret things other toes only fantasise about”. He likes ordinary things like rivers and mountains, and remarkable things like modern medicine and the making of wine.

On occasion, though, I come across books which are simply filled with sentences that are so well-crafted that I want to savor them. But it might help to direct attention to what may be the most interesting thing about Angelmaker, namely how, in the midst of all this boisterous errancy, Harkaway finds a way both to acknowledge the particular circumstances of his own writing, and to reflect on a wider contemporary sense of generational unease. I was warned of this going in from some other excellent early reviews, and at first, I didn't feel burdened. Angelmaker is more like a complicated weaving, but instead of being enraptured, I find myself wandering away.

Remnants of documents found in his home lead the detective back to an old serial killer named Jack Lock who supposedly could see the future. Page has a multitude of questions not least why Hobbes has been murdered and obviously who by but also why the murdered man has an obsession with infamous local serial killer, Jack Locke.Every so often, I run across a book that catches me completely by surprise; a book that I picked up on a whim, having never heard of it before, that strikes a chord and immediately becomes a firm favourite. Throughout this story we get introduced to many more characters who somehow seem to be connected to Katie and Chris Shaw in some way.

Instead of blowup doll models on page three, England would prefer to see Ronnie Kray, his arm slung around a tipsy chorine. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. No pressure, but The Gone-Away World was not only one of the best debuts I've ever read, but one of my all time favorite books. The characters jump off the page, the scenes and descriptions are just beautiful and atmospheric and so vivid. years later not spoken to each other and another case of Alan Hobbes is murdered is there a connection with her brother?For some reason, there wasn’t as much hype surrounding this book’s release like the author’s other two books even with its interesting premise.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment