276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What Colour Is the Wind

£4.265£8.53Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Often described as the ultimate storyteller, the yarns and stories he tells between his songs brings a sense of intimacy to his concerts. What Color is the Wind? is an interactive sensory book for kids with beautiful illustrations and a simple, engaging story. A newly married Charlie eventually decided it was time to settle down and he went on to qualify as a teacher in 1978, spending his spare time songwriting. He often wrote songs for the children to sing at assembly, including one of his biggest hits My Forever Friend. Children tend to see the world as very binary. I think this book is a good challenge for a child's way of thinking in that it gets to see that many things in life are complicated and have many nuances. Sometimes the sum of its parts is what defines something.

The richness of that otherness is what Belgian artist and author Anne Herbauts came to see in a surprising and profound question from a blind child. During a bookmaking workshop she was leading, a little boy asked her whether she, as an artist, could tell him what color the wind was — a notion of the same trans-sensory, synesthetic quality as Helen Keller’s electrifying account of “hearing” Beethoven. Here, look at it, even for 30 seconds and see some of it and see what I mean (and even read a full review from Popova: thinking an Englishman going into Ireland you know and I was there like a day and I realized how stupid that was and yeah i was just playing in little pubs and things but there was a lovely funny story which came out of it i played i went into the palace bar and Athlon which is run by a great friend of ours and their plane was Seamus Shannon a wonderful according accordion player and a great act himself and he says had two famous people have just walked in our own Tony Allen and the marvelous singer-songwriter from Liverpool he said Charlie land straight and of course nobody dared me and nobody knew me and I sat down and they were all saying Charlie who you know they'd all had Tony obviously and this bloke sat next to me we had a lovely conversation and a couple of pints and as he said to me charlie is that right he wrote the songs I said I wrote song he said what did you write and I said they're all part of me I will love you all my life and he said you sure I've never heard of them I said it doesn't matter because I'm not a small Other artists had approached me for the song and I remember my wife saying to me 'if you give that song away I will strangle you'. So to avoid strangulation I recorded it myself and that song, together with My Forever Friend, turned the tide for me."One of his most successful releases, Still Can't Say Goodbye was recorded in Nashville in 1999 and resulted in Landsborough winning the BMCA Best Male Vocalist (2000) for the third year in succession, and the Southern Country Award for best album. He has performed at most major concert halls and theatres in the UK, including the London Palladium. He also toured Australia and New Zealand in 2001. [4] One Easter Sunday I was playing at a country music club and thought it was an appropriate day to play a gospel music song, and I got an amazing response. Sometimes you are too close to something to be able to appreciate the worth of it. People gave me the belief in those songs long before I had the belief in them myself." I was a grocery store manager railways flour mills you name it and lastly I was a teacher for 14 years but the dream was always a musical long really you ready teach you for 14 years I was is this in Birkenhead yeah in the same area where I lived and it was funny that must have been fun well if part of it was and part of it I mean I was so glad to leave people had this misconception that you were having a wonderful time and it must have been a real you know strain to pull away from it yeah I was so delighted when the Irish people rescued me it was it was so stressful but at the same time it had wonderful aspects to it and I used to get requests in the playground they said me mom said will you play crazy for a tonight in the pub so everybody knew what it would wear me how it really lay but I haven't said that I met wonderful kids and wonderful staff who were still friends now that's brilliant are you still in you're still based in Birkenhead value I am yet although even Peter Lindbergh and a A young lad called Paddy sang it in front of the whole school. He had that strength in character which meant kids respected him, rather than sniggered at him. He did a great job, but then I buried the song for a long time.

His songs have been recorded by Foster and Allen ("I Will Love You All My Life"), Roly Daniels ("Part of Me"), and George Hamilton IV ("Heaven Knows"). [1] I also think this is a great book for adolescents and adults in that it reminds them/us that even when we think we've figured out a concept like love and acceptance, there may be more to learn and maybe what we understand now isn't the "true" understanding. The illustrations are enchanting, worth touching, too, for their textured surfaces. Readers will like the surprise ending where the little boy feels the wind and learns its color." — The Vermont Country Sampler His chart-topping success heralded the end of his teaching career. "I taught about six days after that. They gave me early retirement and off I went on the road," reflects Charlie who went on to release some 27 albums and achieve success across the world with his own brand of ballads, blues, country and spiritual music.I think this little book is a bit of a wonder. Deeply appealing to children of all ages, to say nothing of the adults out there, with so many uses, and so many applications. It reminds me of the old picture books by Bruno Munari that weren’t afraid to try new things with the picture book format." —Elizabeth Bird, School Library Journal This book is built around the premise that sometimes when we want to define something that is abstract, we can't always find just one definition that gives us a true understanding. Instead, sometimes it's an experience or the journey to understand the abstract that gives us a better idea of what it is. We were doing a school assembly on the theme of friendship, so I thought I'd write a song for it. My sister Joyce, who is one of those soppy individuals who tells you she loves you when it's not even your birthday, once sent me a card signed 'To Charlie, my forever friend'. I thought that was a great title and used the song to express my own faith.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment