276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Backpod - Premium Treatment for Neck, Upper Back and Headache Pain from Hunching over Smartphones and Computers. Great for Costochondritis, Thoracic Motion and Perfect Posture.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That’s what the Backpod® and its home program of stretching, strengthening, massage and posture are for. Start with the Backpod between your shoulder blades, lie back with your knees bent and place your hands behind your head. It is easy to use and a comfort emotionally knowing it is doing the job of releasing the frozen joints in my back from costochondritis.

This stretches out the collagen surrounding the back rib joints and allows them to move freely again. He says to think of your ribs as bucket handles that are hinged to both your breastbone and your spine.When they are moving freely, your front rib joints no longer have to move excessively, and the pain goes away. Injury, impact or strains are, according to Steve, the reason the back rib joints freeze up in the first place. It is not possible to build a single product perfectly suited to every patient; however the Backpod and its home programme should benefit the vast majority of upper back and neck problems. If no luck getting a Backpod sent to your country, try getting a friend elsewhere in the world to send you one.

This is when I stumbled across Steve August, a New Zealand physiotherapist and recovered costochondritis sufferer. I was diagnosed with it several years ago when I went to see my doctor about the sharp pain I felt in my chest. I use it daily and my suggestion is to use your arms and legs to both balance and help with how much pressure you want. It has a firm plastic core with an outer rubber layer that you position under your upper back and lie on. There is a detailed user guide, but for some reason, it isn’t included with Backpods that are purchased in the UK.The instructions say to start with three pillows under your head and work your way gradually to a comfortable stretch with no pillows. The stretch it provides can be graded with pillows under your head and/or a fluffy towel or two over the Backpod itself so that it’s just initially uncomfortable - this is all in the instructions.

This struck me as masking the problem rather than addressing it and triggered my quest for an alternative method of treatment. If this is the case, then loosening the back rib joints is the treatment for both of these painful conditions. What you can do is treat and look after your spine so it’ll handle lots of hunching, over phones or computers or anything else. Its unique shape targeted parts of my body that tennis balls and foam rollers just weren’t able to reach. I hope I don’t speak too soon in saying my pain from costochondritis in my upper sternum has significantly improved (it’a been less than 48 hours of using it) I’m hoping it continues to improve as I continue to use it.

We do genuinely think that the Backpod does a better stretch for the thoracic spine and rib cage than anything else on the planet. I have tried everything to get relief over the years and I couldn’t begin to tell you how much money I’ve spent on Doctors, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists and even Psychiatrists (a lot of Doctors thought it was in my head).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment