276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elac Debut Reference DBR62 Pair of Bookshelf Speakers (Black/Walnut)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We love their midrange performance. It’s clean, clear and impressively delicate, without sounding forward or overly etched. We listen to a range of recordings, from Michael Kiwanuka’s '70s-tinged Home Again to the emotionally charged Found Songs from Ólafur Arnalds, and the Elacs truly shine. Feed the speakers Madonna’s Ray Of Light and they have no trouble coping with the album’s dense instrumentation and complex rhythms. These are expressive performers that deliver sound with a precision and cohesion that’s rare for this level. The old Debuts timed well, but these ones go even further, conveying the changes of musical momentum beautifully. Unfortunately, our Installation Service excludes all gas appliances. It is the customer’s responsibility to find a gas safe engineer to connect the appliance. Any work conducted by a third part gas safe engineer will be at the customer’s expense and we will not accept any liability for their work. I really like the baffle, the slot port and woofer. The grill on the tweeter is a bit out of place in my mind but not overly so. Overall, it is a very modern take on speaker design which I like. It comes with a gray patterned grill which can hide the drivers if you like.

It is the highs where things get interesting! The DBR-62 is rated as "frequency response: 44-35,000 Hz " IME, 35kHz is a lot to ask of a soft dome tweeter, but this is clearly one of, if not, the best soft domes I have ever heard! Normally, I feel short changed by a soft dome tweeter, but with this one, it took having a A-B comparison to be sure. The difference is definitely there, but color me impressed at what the Debut tweeter does!To ensure reliable, undamaged delivery of televisions - TVs will now be shipped on a pallet service with DX Freight, TNT, or Epic Logistics, rather than with our standard next working day courier. I listened to this speaker vs Philharmonic 3's, and that may have been too much of a jump in performance to get a solid sense of what the DBR62 is really capable of. Note that the only EQ I used was for the 200 bass mode in my room. There is enough bass out of this speaker to energize that mode so be sure to have some means of EQ for your bass frequencies. Above that, none is needed but you are welcome to try some to taste (broad, low-Q EQ).

They dig deep into vocals and bring out the nuances and texture as capably as speakers that cost hundreds more, while shading dynamics with an ease and elegance that’s rare at this level. This is even though I’ve read all the good things other people have said about these Elacs. I didn’t think I’d be so in love with them. Other products in this price range might be more exciting or be easier on your amp, but I haven’t heard one that sounds this good and natural. Given good amplifiers, the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 is one of the best budget speakers ever made and deserves the highest praise. Sonus faber has been manufacturing loudspeakers in Italy for almost four decades (2023 will be its 40 thanniversary), and the luxury brand started by the late-Franco Serblin has preserved its reputation for manufacturing the world’s most beautiful loudspeakers with great skill. Sonus faber’s loudspeakers are aspirational products for many audiophiles for both their visual appeal and acoustic capabilities. The Sonus faber Lumina 1 continue that tradition at a much more affordable price.Despite having just four 4-inch woofers, the R-41Ms sound like they come from a much bigger source. In this case, pairing the speakers with a subwoofer can make the audio experience much better, especially if your favourite type of music has a lot of bass. There are more powerful amplifiers and a dynamic bass EQ in the new version of the reference line.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment