276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maggie's Tree

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 2014, Walters portrayed Mrs. Bird, the Browns' housekeeper, in the critically acclaimed Paddington (2014). [37] Walters reprised her role for the sequel, Paddington 2 (2017), which has also received universal acclaim. [38] [39] Upon the 2014 release of Paddington, Walters designed a "Primrose"-themed Paddington Bear statue, which was located in Primrose Hill (one of 50 placed around London), with the statues auctioned to raise funds for the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). [40] Julie Walters Pulls Out Of Channel 4 Drama 'Truelove' Due To Ill Health, Replaced By Lindsay Duncan". Deadline. 28 February 2023 . Retrieved 2 March 2023. The Last of the Haussmans– Productions". National Theatre. Archived from the original on 5 June 2012 . Retrieved 13 June 2012. Farber, Alex (1 March 2023). "Julie Walters pulls out of Channel 4 drama Truelove due to ill health". The Times . Retrieved 11 March 2023. St Chads Hospital". Bhamb14.co.uk. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016 . Retrieved 15 January 2016.

Walters has been nominated for two Academy Awards in both acting categories—once for Best Actress and once for Best Supporting Actress. She was honoured with the BAFTA Fellowship for lifetime achievement in 2014. She was made a Dame (DBE) by Queen Elizabeth II in 2017 for services to drama. Allen, Ben (27 April 2018). "Colin Firth and Julie Walters to star in classic children's adaptation The Secret Garden". Radio Times . Retrieved 26 March 2019. Walters is 56, but says she's not worried about getting older. Maybe it's because she has had most of her career to get used to it: the characters she has played, such as Mrs Overall in Acorn Antiques, have often been decades older than she was. "It's a good time after the menopause, once the flushes stop and things settle. I've got more energy and things start fitting into place, emotionally."Walters played Molly Weasley, the matriarch of the Weasley family, in the Harry Potter film series (2001–2011). Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the only film in the series not to have included Walters. In 2003, the BBC voted her portrayal of Molly as the "second-best screen mother." [21] Is she worried about how it will be received? "Nobody wants to be criticised, so it's partly that and partly because I don't know where it has come from. I don't know what it is. With acting, it's like I want to reach everybody with it, but I didn't have any of those feelings with the book. It just felt like it was between me and [her editor] Alan Samson. When he first told me that someone else had read it, I was absolutely stunned. It was like someone had videoed us making love. It felt almost as intimate. [Writing] comes from the subconscious and that makes you feel exposed." In March 2023, Walters announced she had withdrawn from appearing in a new Channel 4 drama, Truelove, due to ill health. She was replaced in the show by Lindsay Duncan. [59] Filmography [ edit ] Film [ edit ] Year

Julie Walters remembers her nursing career: 'I used to fall in love with the male patients' ". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 11 February 2017 . Retrieved 30 October 2020. Walters later told interviewer Alison Oddey about her early schooling, "I was never going to be academic, so [my mother] suggested that I try teaching or nursing. [...] I'd been asked to leave school, so I thought I'd better do it." [10] Her first job was in insurance at the age of 15. [11] At the age of 18, she trained as a student nurse at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham; she worked on the ophthalmic, casualty, and coronary care wards during the 18 months she spent there. [12] She decided to leave nursing and went on to study acting at the newly-established Manchester Polytechnic School of Theatre (now Manchester School of Theatre). She worked for the Everyman Theatre Company in Liverpool in the mid-1970s, alongside several other notable performers and writers such as Bill Nighy, Pete Postlethwaite, Jonathan Pryce, Willy Russell, and Alan Bleasdale. [13] Career [ edit ] 1971–1979: Career beginnings [ edit ] In 2020, Walters starred with Colin Firth in The Secret Garden (2020). [43] Also in 2020, Walters featured as the narrator for ITV documentary For the Love of Britain. [44]Walters played the part of Cynthia Coffin in the ten-part British drama serial Indian Summers aired on Channel 4 in 2015. In 2015, she appeared in the romantic drama film Brooklyn, a film that was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Her performance in the film earned her a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.

On television, Walters collaborated regularly with Victoria Wood; their projects included Wood and Walters (1981), Victoria Wood: As Seen on TV (1985–1987), Pat and Margaret (1994), and dinnerladies (1998–2000). She has won the British Academy Television Award for Best Actress four times, more than any other performer, for her roles in My Beautiful Son (2001), Murder (2002), The Canterbury Tales (2003), and Mo (2010). Walters and Helen Mirren are the only actresses to have won this award three consecutive times, and Walters is tied with Judi Dench for most nominations in the category with seven. For her role in A Short Stay in Switzerland (2009), she received the International Emmy Award for Best Actress. In 2006, the British public voted Walters fourth in ITV's poll of TV's 50 Greatest Stars. The book took 10 years to write, on and off (some years Walters would only write a few paragraphs). It's not her first book. When she was pregnant with her daughter, she wrote a book about her experience. "It was just gags, really," she says. "I was so terrified of all the pregnancy books I'd read and I felt like, 'I've done this wrong already and she's not even born.' So I wrote a little diary about it." verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ Channel 4 commissions brand new gripping drama, Truelove, starring Julie Walters and Clarke Peters". channel4.com/press. 16 May 2022 . Retrieved 6 June 2022. They went on to appear in their own Granada Television series, Wood and Walters, in 1982. They continued to perform together frequently over the years. The BAFTA-winning BBC follow-up, Victoria Wood: As Seen on TV, featured one of Walters's best-known roles, Mrs Overall, in Wood's parodic soap opera, Acorn Antiques (she later appeared in the musical version, and received an Olivier Award nomination for her efforts).Mottram, James (14 May 2001). "Julie Walters: An actress in her prime". The Guardian. London, UK . Retrieved 3 April 2010. She met her husband, Grant Roffey, in a bar in Fulham. She was drunk and shouted above the braying of the toffs, "I bet there's nobody in here that votes Labour, is there?" - or so the story goes. Roffey turned around and said, "I do, actually." She took him home and he never left. Roffey was an AA man eight years her junior; she was already successful and wealthy. Did he ever resent her? "No, he's always been completely supportive. And gradually he's built a proper business [an organic farm in Sussex] and made a success of it. We have been able to support each other's dreams."

On 25 December 2021, Channel 4 aired The Abominable Snow Baby, in which Walters appeared as Granny, providing her voice for the animated television short film. [45] [46]Walters became a nurse before leaving to go to drama school. Her mother, who believed in "proper" jobs, was distraught when Julie opted for acting, and predicted that she would end up in the gutter by the time she was 20. But years later, after her mother's death, Walters found boxes of newspaper clippings that her mother had collected charting her career. Maher, Kevin (19 October 2020). "Julie Walters: 'I don't want to work again . . . unless there's a Mamma Mia 3' | Times2". The Times . Retrieved 15 March 2021. Moscow International Film Festival (2006)". moscowfilmfestival.ru. Archived from the original on 21 April 2013 . Retrieved 21 April 2013. TV tonight: the Abominable Snow Baby is the Christmas telly we deserve". The Guardian. 25 December 2021 . Retrieved 13 November 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment