276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hunger Games Trilogy (Box set)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Hunger Games trilogy consists of three books and a prequel, including The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay - and its prequel, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Although he is supposedly the one Katniss loves, I don't get that vibe at all, not in any of the books. Bestselling author Suzanne Collins first made her mark in children’s literature with the New York Times bestselling Underland Chronicles series for middle grade readers. The Hunger Games trilogy left a bitter taste in my mouth - the taste of failure, of a wonderful opportunity thrown away. Along the way, they'll meet a cast of intriguing characters, from the calculating Dr Gaul to the fiercely independent Lucy Gray.

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, a long-awaited prequel to the original trilogy, offers a deeper understanding of the complex world of Panem. Several co-workers and I exchange books and one passed this one along, saying that she thought I'd like it. It is so imaginative, adventurous and climactic, on a book by book basis, that it is very easy to highly recommend the trilogy. They don't dodge the reality of death and loss, which comes even to those who try to do everything they can to prevent it. The best-selling prequel to The Hunger Games, The Ballard of Songbirds and Snakes, is soon to be a major feature film releasing in 2023.Societies are split into 12 zones each responsible for delivering key societal needs such as coal, food, military etc. Thinking one day about Alice in Wonderland, she was struck by how pastoral the setting must seem to kids who, like her own, lived in urban surroundings. Amongst the few book I read after seeing the movie (part 1) and I must say I liked having those extravagant pictures in my mind while enjoying the whole story. Mockingjay (Book 3): In the final installment of the series, the rebellion against the Capitol intensifies.

Those who regularly read and study the kind of books that explore these deeper topics should easily recognize the merit these books deserve, however. Imagine yourself channel-surfing between Survivor and American Idol with a bit of I, Claudius and Star Wars thrown into the mix.

which appears to be enough to propel people through the remaining two books otherwise there wouldn't be the continued poor reaction to the ending. At this point, things may get vaguely spoiler-y so those who haven't read the books yet may wish to skip the following paragraphs and just end the review here. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts.

Four books, five films and one worldwide phenomenon; the Hunger Games series changed the face of global YA. Neither heroine nor antiheroine, Katniss doesn't truly care about anything or anyone but herself and makes a perfect case in point for the selfishness of altruism. The Hunger Games trilogy is about exploitation and manipulation (including propaganda), class warfare, human suffering, and many other morally gray areas that people in general find it difficult to cope with and discuss. It's beyond me how some women actually see Katniss as a role model - unless your ideal woman is a self-centered, conceited, ungrateful, narrow-minded, sniveling, responsibility-avoiding huntress who never comes to terms with her own survival instinct.From that moment on, there was little that could stop me from diving straight into Suzanne Collins' derivative little world. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Out of sheer love and fear for Prim’s life, Katniss volunteers as the girl tribute in place of her Prim. She has worked on the staffs of several Nickelodeon shows, including the Emmy-nominated hit Clarissa Explains it All and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. The characters, the politics and the good narrative stop it from feeling tired and dull, and again, it’s a good read, but it’s lost its originality and some of the excitement that made the first book so entertaining.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment