276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]

£4.85£9.70Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b c Margot, Jean-Luc (September 28, 2013). "How realistic is 'Gravity'?". UCLA. Archived from the original on October 8, 2013 . Retrieved October 8, 2013.

But while the core story of “Gravity” is pure genre down to the workmanlike nature of chunks of its dialogue, it makes the most of that situation by having a formidable narrative drive, a plot smartly worked out to the smallest, most persuasive detail, and an intense, immersive score and sound design by composer Steven Price.

Gravity 3D Blu-ray Review

Eh, sorta. We all have our own little things that bug us. A line of dialog here or there, etc. But the one thing that I would actively try to change is the moment that Kowalski sacrifices himself to save Stone (about 32 minutes in). Personally, I think it works, but I've talked to a few folks who seem to think Kowalski and Stone are at a full stop, and his presumed death is therefore an unnecessary gesture / "a plot hole." Because he's weightless, right? Actually, no. He's not "weightless." Kawalski and Stone are falling through space. Because of the scene's choreography, I can understand why it looks like, to some, as though these two characters have stopped, when they're still arcing outwards at the end of the parachute straps. There's even a key shot where you can see the parachute moving around the I.S.S. Also, Kowalski and Stone probably talk a little longer than they should. One solve may have been to orchestrate the scene so that Kowalski and Stone come together sooner, so it can play out as they're swinging on the pendulum at the end of those straps (technically, that IS what is happening, but perhaps it could be more clear). I simply cannot delve into the plot any more than I already have. The astute viewer will still have trouble guessing the outcome and the twists within the movie, particularly because the action is so hard- driven – while still utterly coherent and plausible. This is especially necessary because it’s also clear that “Gravity’s” “lost in space, eager for Earth” scenario is on one level an unapologetic B picture exercise where whatever can go wrong most certainly will. I've seen space adventure done better in B-movies of the 1950s. Above all, this film is mis-titled. It takes place in free fall, therefore 'gravity' plays no role in it! A better title would have been 'Action and Reaction.' But the writers clearly didn't understand such a deep concept. So they went with Gravity because it seemed catchy. Ugh.

Having said that, Alfonso Cuarón doesn’t let technology overpower the story, which is essentially an emotional journey of its lead character. That sense of detail for things goes beyond technology and this is what we liked the most about the film.Raup, Jordan (April 11, 2012). "Alfonso Cuaron's 2-Hour 'Gravity' Revealed; 17-Minute Opening Take Confirmed". The Film Stage. Archived from the original on June 30, 2013 . Retrieved November 18, 2013. No way could Ryan Stone figure out how to operate a Soyuz capsule in a few seconds of reading the manuals. No way could Ryan Stone figure out how to operate the Chinese capsule just by poking around. As a result, “Gravity” puts you completely on edge, starting with type on the screen that explains that way out there, “there is nothing to carry sound. No air pressure. No oxygen. Life in space is impossible.” Dewey, Caitlin (October 21, 2013). "Here's what 'Gravity' gets right and wrong about space". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on July 26, 2015 . Retrieved August 29, 2017. UPDATE: Warner Bros. and IMAX Sign Up to 20 Picture Deal!". ComingSoon.net. CraveOnline. April 25, 2010. Archived from the original on November 1, 2011 . Retrieved August 17, 2011.

Alfonso Cuarón is chiselling himself quite a career. He was last behind the camera for Children of Men (2006) which was nominated for three Academy Awards and he was also responsible for the best film in the Harry Potter film series with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004). But Gravity is his best work to date. Giardina, Carolyn (February 14, 2014). " 'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots". The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved September 18, 2016. Seventh, Drama and suspense, WHERE, you are told that the satellite debris will be around ever 90 minutes, the astronauts set their timers for the count down so again that's NEVER a surprise not only that, it's camera shot debris coming, look at watch. NO suspense. Hammond, Pete (December 9, 2013). "AFI Awards 2013: Top 10 Films List Is Good News For Major Studios". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 20, 2014 . Retrieved December 16, 2017. a b c Rodriguez, Rene (October 3, 2013). "Gravity". The Miami Herald. Archived from the original on October 15, 2013 . Retrieved October 6, 2013.a b "Gravity". October 2013. Archived from the original on October 26, 2021 . Retrieved October 26, 2021. Fourth, where points could have been made to make you want to care about anyone in the movie they don't bother. Clooney's character keeps telling "Mission Control" stories for the most part that they've heard about his life. We haven't heard them and you never do. His character is only concerned about getting a record for the longest un-tethered space walk.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment