276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner [ICZ160UK] 50 Minute Run Time*, Anti Hair Wrap, Blue

£92.82£185.64Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An important but often overlooked (and sometimes misrepresented…) feature of any cordless vacuum cleaner is of course the battery life. It’s all well and good having a hoover capable of incredible power, but how useful is that if you can only run it on full power for a few minutes? The reason I say that this is sometimes misrepresented (and I should really say always, not sometimes, but I’m being kind) is that brands like to quote battery life based on the lower power settings, so we always like to share how long any model will last when it’s run on the highest power setting. In my humble opinion, the Shark ICZ160 & ICZ300 sweep the board as far as all of these 6 categories are concerned, making these models among the best cordless vacuum cleaners on the market at the time of writing. Features and Benefits Its innovations like this that Shark are pulling out of the bag on an ongoing basis to allow them to stay on the leading edge when it comes to cordless vacuum cleaners with the cleaning power of corded. In my humble opinion, the versions without the pet tool are fine for most people, even pet owners. If you have a number of pets and/or you find pet hair to be a real issue, then you might benefit from the pet tool, but for “normal” pet hair, the suction is so good on these vacuum cleaners that you probably don’t need to spend extra on the version with the pet accessory. Battery Life.

This innovation from shark means that it utilises two brush rolls, and OK I’m sure you could have worked that out for yourself, but it’s more impressive than it may appear. Most cleaners would just use one brush, and if they do have two brushes, what’s important is how they operate both independently and together.Most folk with medium to large-sized homes with kids and pets will have two brands in mind when it comes to vacuum cleaners: Shark & Dyson, and that’s for good reason. ICZ160UKBT– Two batteries without pet tool – ideal for larger homes so you don’t need to worry about running out of charge Complete with handy attachments for effortless floor-to-ceiling cleaning in every room. LED headlights help illuminate dust in dark corners and under furniture.

Giving you all this and more, this Shark cordless upright vacuum for pet owners combines cordless cleaning freedom with Shark’s most advanced upright technologies, engineered for effortless whole-home cleaning. When it comes to ease of use from a practicality perspective, though, I think they’ve done a great job of this with the “Powered Lift Away” feature. What this means is that you can easily get to surfaces & areas that would be a challenge for an upright by instantly turning it into a powered cordless portable cleaner by just pressing the “lift-away” button and removing the wand.

ICZ160UK

I put the Shark ICZ160UKT through the usual set of tests, first of which assesses suction. Starting on standard power, I measured the vacuum as having a 25-inch water lift capability, delivering airflow of 14.63 cubic feet, which I worked out as a useful 43-airwatts. Upping power to boost, water lift increased to 61 inches and airflow to 22.22 cubic feet, which I worked out at a powerful 159.46 airwatts. All of the above is pointless if you need to re-mortgage your home to be able to afford to keep it clean. Some of the best performing vacuum cleaners can sail close to the ludicrously priced territory, and this is something that we tend to find Shark do a better job of when it comes to combining all of the above with an affordable price tag.

To be fair, the standard setting gives ample suction power for most situations, I’d recommend only hitting that boost button when you need to delve deeper down into carpet pile or crevices, to retrieve more stubborn dirt. I’d also only recommend sports mode when you need to overtake, and only if it’s safe, and only if my wife is reading this. For those who struggle with the weight of a cordless cleaner, this setup provides the perfect solution of powerful cleaning without the burden of carrying a heavy unit.Actually, I’m probably wrong on both counts here, P.T. Barnum’s quote “one born every minute” probably applies, but in any case, you’d “need your head reading” for buying either in this example, but there are vacuum cleaners which cost what most of us would regard as a silly amount of money for a vacuum cleaner, and there are also vacuum cleaners at “too good to be true” prices, which usually prove this statement to be true. In case I didn’t do a good enough job of explaining this neat little feature, just give this video a watch:

What do you want from your cordless vacuum cleaner? Designed for homes with pets? Impressive run-time? Versatile cleaning modes? Easy to use? As I mentioned earlier, brands like to advertise battery life in whichever way sounds the best, so of course they’ll give you average figures or low power figures, and they state that you’ll get up to 50 minutes on the standard-setting with the ICZ160 or 60 minutes with the ICZ300.

Similar products

Excellent cleaning performance, swappable batteries and a great range of accessories combine to make the Shark ICZ160UKT a super-flexible cordless vacuum cleaner. Shark ICZ160UKT – What you need to know In addition to the extra battery life, the ICZ300 comes with powerfins which are literally plastic “fins” fitted to the roller that enables Sharks best ever cleaning power from a cordless vacuum cleaner. These fins brush across hard floor and on carpet and they dig right down into the carpet fibre for excellent dirt removal on the first pass. ICZ160UKT or ICZ300UKT– A single battery with pet tool – ideal if you don’t spend more than 30 minutes but you do have pets In addition to really impressive suction power for cordless cleaners, Shark produce some really high-quality accessories and are constantly working on innovations to improve them, including the duo clean brush and the power fins, and as a result of the quality of the accessories combined with the great suction power, the overall cleaning performance is incredibly good.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment